The Student Room Group

TSR Muscle Building Society For Men V8

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1180
Original post by ZRO
Oh lawd pls no. :rofl:

Whats your guys thoughts on Mike Rashid? Pretty down to earth guy imo

He's great, probably my favorite YouTuber at the moment - I admire his philosophy. I also totally agree with his view on 'overtraining'.
Reply 1181
Original post by CrispyLips
stfu

do u even :dumbells: though?
Reply 1182
Original post by Luke070
He's great, probably my favorite YouTuber at the moment - I admire his philosophy. I also totally agree with his view on 'overtraining'.

I agree aswell man. Great philosophy, probably him and POG are my favorite YTers atm. And yeah overtraining I agree on too, have you seen some of the chest and arm workouts he does with CT :eek: Mirin' srs
Reply 1183
Original post by ZRO
I agree aswell man. Great philosophy, probably him and POG are my favorite YTers atm. And yeah overtraining I agree on too, have you seen some of the chest and arm workouts he does with CT :eek: Mirin' srs

yeah man haha their workouts are fuarkin nuts. I really wish my gym had some of those chains, would be a much easier alternative to using a dumbbell. I do love CT too and I don't really care about the controversy in regards to him claiming natty lmao. You know he has or had taken them at some point, it's just a shame that people keep bringing it up. Nevertheless, they do work their asses off.
Reply 1184
Original post by Luke070
yeah man haha their workouts are fuarkin nuts. I really wish my gym had some of those chains, would be a much easier alternative to using a dumbbell. I do love CT too and I don't really care about the controversy in regards to him claiming natty lmao. You know he has or had taken them at some point, it's just a shame that people keep bringing it up. Nevertheless, they do work their asses off.

Exactly lol, you can see how intense it is, natty or not, it seems like hell lmao!! CT is a funny guy haha, always talks **** in the videos when they're training :rofl:
Original post by Luke070
do u even :dumbells: though?

Yh I lift.
I don't care if your mother****ing dying, it's still your mother****ing set!!
Reply 1187
Original post by pinda.college
I don't care if your mother****ing dying, it's still your mother****ing set!!

Oh you wanna be sick, we got buckets mother****er, and when your done throwing up, come back and finish your set!! Lmaooo

Original post by ZRO
Oh you wanna be sick, we got buckets mother****er, and when your done throwing up, come back and finish your set!! Lmaooo

In one of his videos he's talking and you see a mutant rat run across the gym behind him. Even the rodents are mean in his presence hahaha.
Reply 1189
Original post by CrispyLips
Yh I lift.

you lift burgers you bonbon eatin' couch potato :couchpotato:
I didn't know who Mike Rashid was until he made a video slating the twins for stuff they never said. He came across as a roid raging dickhead if I'm honest. He took the video down after when he realised the overreaction I guess.

Anyway, the amount of drugs guys like him are on, there's very little to be gleaned from their training. I don't like that kind of build tbh (funnily enough, the twins look better IMO) so can't say I'll be watching much of his videos. He works out extremely hard, I'll give him that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Luke070

haha, best post I've seen today
4:17 video and all he said was go outside and train if you can't get to the gym. Jesus Christ.
Original post by Luke070

Introduce drugs to the equation and unless you're doing amazing things it's very hard to believe all the talk of working as hard as possible.

Simply put, who knows? You can take enough that all you need to do is some machine work here and there and have an amazing body.
Reply 1195
I don't understand why the natty vs. drugs thing is such a big deal for youtube fitness channels.

If you accept that in reality - they are 99% entertainment and 1% actual education then the endless debate about who is using gear or not is about as much use as asking whether Ken and Deirdre ever do a cheeky line of beak in between scenes on coronation street.
Thoughts? He's obviously pro smaller and more often meals. Is the insulin spike with meals that significant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryHDHbRYHes&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Posted from TSR Mobile
in the comment section he says that fasting is a great whey to lose fat and muscle so i wouldn't take him seriously
Original post by Illidan_Stormrage
in the comment section he says that fasting is a great whey to lose fat and muscle so i wouldn't take him seriously

Okay that kinda contradicts everything lol
I'm a big meal guy. I usually have a very large meal and two smaller ones. I do know from experience that your insulin sensitivity improves a lot with exercise. I used to feel very drowsy after large meals, especially white rice or pasta. The smaller meals thing looks like it could make sense but that doesn't make it true.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Illidan_Stormrage

Original post by silent ninja
Thoughts? He's obviously pro smaller and more often meals. Is the insulin spike with meals that significant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryHDHbRYHes&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Posted from TSR Mobile

He has good 'creatine' knowledge but the rest is a bit brosciency.

Quick Reply

Latest