The Student Room Group

Student Finance Issue

Not sure if this is the correct section for this topic.

The letter that I received from Student Finance England after completing the application shows my sort code incorrectly.

While I was completing the details for the application I entered this (fake) sort code: 012345. But when I received the letter showing my details the 0 had dropped off and only "12345" was displayed on the letter.

Is this likely to be an error with the printing of the letter? Or did this happen because zeros are removed from sort codes for some reason?

Also, is it advisable to try to contact the Student Finance company to resolve this issue? I have heard that they are difficult to get hold of :s-smilie:.
It'll be a field formatting issue. Mine was the same, it also begins with a 0. It happens because their databases aren't properly formatted to accept codes beginning with 0, it assumes it's an actual number and removes any zeros from the beginning of it (the same with account numbers).

You could always give them a call to confirm, but it's pretty normal for this to happen. They've been easy enough to get hold of whenever I've needed to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending