The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1, C2 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rm.xo
Yeah, that's exactly the same with me! I'm quite far off an A though in maths, but on the A boundary for bio, I've literally got 480 as long as my ISA isn't moderated down. But I'm aiming for an a* haha. Why not.
So what subjects are you doing and what to you need for what course and uni?

Nice...I take it maths isn't your best subject? Biology is my worst subject :tongue: :tongue:

Biology I'm 5 ums off a B, but I'm pretty certain I've got my B in it (because of the unit 1 paper we just did !). I'm doing Unit 5 again to see if I can scrape an A overall. Highly doubt it, I would need like 126/140 for that to happen (which is hard :sad: )

I do chemistry as well, need 15 ums for my A overall. I messed up unit 2 back in summer 2011, got 90/120 in it, and I know with the knowledge I've gained now that I can defo get my A.

Apart from that really, I just gotta get AAB and I'm into Reading (for pharmacy :biggrin: )

How about you? What uni/course did you apply for?

:tongue:
Original post by amber109
when you integrate or differentiate, can you do so without showing any working out, but getting the right answer? would that get you full marks?

You have to show your working as calculators have the capability to work out calculus, you can use the functions to check your answers though
Original post by James A
Nice...I take it maths isn't your best subject? Biology is my worst subject :tongue: :tongue:

Biology I'm 5 ums off a B, but I'm pretty certain I've got my B in it (because of the unit 1 paper we just did !). I'm doing Unit 5 again to see if I can scrape an A overall. Highly doubt it, I would need like 126/140 for that to happen (which is hard :sad: )

I do chemistry as well, need 15 ums for my A overall. I messed up unit 2 back in summer 2011, got 90/120 in it, and I know with the knowledge I've gained now that I can defo get my A.

Apart from that really, I just gotta get AAB and I'm into Reading (for pharmacy :biggrin: )

Smart People! :colondollar:
Original post by amber109
when you integrate or differentiate, can you do so without showing any working out, but getting the right answer? would that get you full marks?

how is that even possible lol :P

and no you would need working out otherwise you dont get any marks
Original post by Freddy-Francis
Smart People! :colondollar:

I would say I'm smart, but the people on here are smarter.

Reply 1385
Original post by James A

The funny thing is, maths is my best subject, I just suck at exams! I got ABBB last summer in my EPQ (which is now classed as an a level yay) biology chemistry and maths.I was awful at chemistry so I focused on that and it brought the grades for my other subjects down.
I'm retaking biol1 and biol5 because I've got 2 Cs in those modules and AAA*A* in the others which is kinda weird.
And I'm retaking c1 c2 and c4 for maths. But I need 32 more UMS out of a possible 77 from those 3 modules, so it's do-able.
I need ABB to go to Sheffield for Biomedical science.

I work as a pharmacist in Alder Hey children's hospital in Liverpool and I love it!
Original post by rm.xo
The funny thing is, maths is my best subject, I just suck at exams! I got ABBB last summer in my EPQ (which is now classed as an a level yay) biology chemistry and maths.I was awful at chemistry so I focused on that and it brought the grades for my other subjects down.
I'm retaking biol1 and biol5 because I've got 2 Cs in those modules and AAA*A* in the others which is kinda weird.
And I'm retaking c1 c2 and c4 for maths. But I need 32 more UMS out of a possible 77 from those 3 modules, so it's do-able.
I need ABB to go to Sheffield for Biomedical science.

I work as a pharmacist in Alder Hey children's hospital in Liverpool and I love it!

Interesting actually, you're a Pharmacist?

Or are you like a dispenser? :holmes:
i know we should learn the geometric proof as it came up on june 2012 paper, but is there any other proof we need to know?
Reply 1388
Original post by James A

I volunteer but I don't dispense, I usually work on the wards with the pharmacist, it's so interesting and I love working with the kids. I learn so much there and it helps my biology.

id be bored out my mind if i just dispensed hahaha
Guys can I revise the past papers in a couple of hours? Or do I need to do an all nighter?

EDIT: Not syllabus I'm an idiot I mean all past papers XD.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by James A

psssh, didn't you know? You don't need a degree to be a pharmacist!

You're wasting your time with uni, mate :sadnod:
Original post by Dilzo999
Guys can I revise the whole syllabus in a couple of hours? Or do I need to do an all nighter?

depends how much you know already. i'd say it's possible though
Original post by Mesutozil
depends how much you know already. i'd say it's possible though

Sorry I meant past papers, I've been putting it off since I had S2 to do which was my weaker module. Also should I do Edexcel or Solomon?
Original post by rm.xo
I volunteer but I don't dispense, I usually work on the wards with the pharmacist, it's so interesting and I love working with the kids. I learn so much there and it helps my biology.

id be bored out my mind if i just dispensed hahaha

I had some work experience (not permanent volunteering) but only for four weeks at my community pharmacy. It was really good actually, got talking to loads of customers, just getting used to selling items and till work. I even sold some over the counter medication on my own which was fine by the Pharmacist (who owns the shop). If the customer didn't want a specific medication like Nurofen, then I would have to speak to the Pharmacist first.

I also did a week at a hospital in South London, got to go on the wards with the chief pharmacist and got to dispense medication in the dispensary area. I even got a chance to see the technical services area (where they make all the drip solutions for the patients. It's a highly sterile place!
Original post by justinawe
psssh, didn't you know? You don't need a degree to be a pharmacist!

You're wasting your time with uni, mate :sadnod:

You don't need a degree to become a dispenser, but you need a degree to become a fully qualified Pharmacist :yep:
Original post by pilotluke1
With Differentiation, when we solve for x and sub back into original equation how do you we know whether it is the maximum or minimum value? Do we just just know that if we find X to be greater than zero we know that it is minimum?

1. work out the second derivative (d^2y/dx^2)
2. sub in your value of x
3. if it's positive its a minimum, if it's negative its a maximum

thats all the justification needed if they ask
Original post by James A
You don't need a degree to become a dispenser, but you need a degree to become a fully qualified Pharmacist :yep:

It seems that my joke has fallen flatter than Keira Knightley's chest :colonhash:
Reply 1398
Original post by James A
I had some work experience (not permanent volunteering) but only for four weeks at my community pharmacy. It was really good actually, got talking to loads of customers, just getting used to selling items and till work. I even sold some over the counter medication on my own which was fine by the Pharmacist (who owns the shop). If the customer didn't want a specific medication like Nurofen, then I would have to speak to the Pharmacist first.

I also did a week at a hospital in South London, got to go on the wards with the chief pharmacist and got to dispense medication in the dispensary area. I even got a chance to see the technical services area (where they make all the drip solutions for the patients. It's a highly sterile place!

Is it community pharmacy what you want to do or hospital pharmacy?
i want to go into medicine in the long term but I am really enjoying pharmacy now. I've been at the same hospital for about nine months. I didn't really understand what they did until I started volunteering. They also make their own drugs in the hospital, so I've helped out with that too. I've been so lucky to get the opportunity.
Original post by danlocke
1. work out the second derivative (d^2y/dx^2)
2. sub in your value of x
3. if it's positive its a minimum, if it's negative its a maximum

thats all the justification needed if they ask

Yes but when they ask for example the MAXIMUM value of the box?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending