The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1, C2 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by posthumus
Guys this is going to sound absolutely ridiculous... but I have about 2-3 hours to study C2 :frown:

I haven't done anything really for 1 year now :frown: I'm an A2 student, could someone recommend me what areas to cover particularly???

I'm doing sine & cosine at the moment... I know geometry and geometric sequences will need to be cover also. Anything else?

Thanks in advance for any advice :smile:

Just go through papers, this is a great site if you are stuck on a paper:
http://www.examsolutions.net/a-level-maths-papers/Edexcel/index.php
has video solutions of nearly all the edexcel papers since 2006 and the guy talks you though it:smile: good luck:smile:
Alright guys here are my tips:
1) With a question on factor theorem with unknown e.g. a and b, sub back a and b to the original equation after working out to see if it's correct
2) Same principle applies with logs (Sub back x back into original equation if answer = to answer then you know you got it right)
3) Always look at the amount of marks for each questions gives a good indication on how much you need to do
4) Remember to give some time at the end to make sure you've done everything correctly
5) If there's a question with trapezium rule and integration right after you answers should be relatively close.

That's it good luck guys.
Original post by nm786
We need to know Area of trapezium, Volume and Surface Area of Cone, Triangular Prism, Sphere you could easily work them out but i have posted them here anyway: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=42772698&postcount=1345

Ill check this, tomorrow early morning, cheers m8.

Im on my phone in bed, so could someone please quote me from this comment so that when Im on the computer early morning, I wont forget about it. Cheers.
Original post by Maloneyyy
Guys my calculator doesn't convert 1.414213562 into root2 when I press the decimal to surd button. It's a Casio fx-83gt plus, any idea how I can fix this? It will convert root2 into 1.414213562 but not the other way round

Posted from TSR Mobile

1.414213562 is not root2

so if you enter the decimal it's just a decimal

if you enter 3.141592654 it won't turn it into pi

if you enter root2 it can show it as an approximate decimal as 1.414213562
Reply 1584
Do we need to know how to convert radians into degrees, if so, someone tell me how please?
Reply 1585
Original post by James A
Ill check this, tomorrow early morning, cheers m8.

Im on my phone in bed, so could someone please quote me from this comment so that when Im on the computer early morning, I wont forget about it. Cheers.

no problem i'll quote you tomorrow morning if i remember.
In your opinion, what is the hardest C2 paper? I wan't to be properly prepared for tomorrow because the Jan 2013 was pretty straight forward.
Original post by Joseph-
Do we need to know how to convert radians into degrees, if so, someone tell me how please?

no you don't

2 pi radians = 360 degress

pi radians = 180 degrees
Original post by Joseph-

I don't think there will be a question explicitly asking you do do so but I think that knowledge of the conversion will be pre-assumed!
Original post by Joseph-

2pi = 360 degrees

so pi = 180 degrees. And pi is 3.14 something something something. But I don't think you'll have to convert them.
Original post by AlligatorSky
In your opinion, what is the hardest C2 paper? I wan't to be properly prepared for tomorrow because the Jan 2013 was pretty straight forward.

Jan 2010 and Jun 2011. The Circles in both :eek:
Original post by nm786
We need to know Area of trapezium, Volume and Surface Area of Cone, Triangular Prism, Sphere you could easily work them out but i have posted them here anyway: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=42772698&postcount=1345

What does S stand for on the cone formula?
Original post by AlligatorSky

June 2009 or Jan 2010 had the lowest grade boundaries indicating students found them the most challenging
Original post by Alex-Torres

Length of slant as opposed to perpendicular height!
Original post by reubenkinara
Jan 2010 and Jun 2011. The Circles in both :eek:

Original post by gdunne42
June 2009 or Jan 2010 had the lowest grade boundaries indicating students found them the most challenging

Thank you, I'll have a look. :smile:
Reply 1595
Original post by Alex-Torres

sorry i should have added this in: s-slant height.
l-length
b-base
h-height
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1596
lets all fail together. Power to the people..
Original post by gdunne42
1.414213562 is not root2

so if you enter the decimal it's just a decimal

if you enter 3.141592654 it won't turn it into pi

if you enter root2 it can show it as an approximate decimal as 1.414213562

How would I know that the quadruple root of 4 is plus and minus root2 if it gave me an answer in decimals then for example?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maloneyyy
How would I know that the quadruple root of 4 is plus and minus root2 if it gave me an answer in decimals then for example?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That would be the answer in radians.
What would happen if everyone in the country just did really bad in the exam on purpose so the grade boundaries would be lower

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending