The Student Room Group

Edexcel C1, C2 June 2013

Scroll to see replies

The thing is we can all speculate what we think we got, and have an educated guess at what mark you needed for an A. But the point is that students from TSR definitely do not represent the entire population of whom sat this exam. I think the best thing you can do now is not dwell on it, as long as you tried your best in the exam and in terms of revision, you have no regrets. I'm not going to let it influence my other exams and certainly not the rest of my summer.
C1 went fine, however I found C2 quite difficult and lots of people in my year agreed...

I've looked at the mark scheme someone's produced for it on here and I think I've made lots of silly mistakes :/

i wasn't really in the zone for that exam either... Was too excited about the fact that it was my last one!
Original post by Mimi85
then what would be a low B???

Hmm, maybe 54?
Reply 1783
Original post by Undisclosed 15
Other years papers were much easier. I thought this paper was similar in difficulty tothe paper in 2009-2010 were the boundaries for 100UMS were like 68,69

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmm no , apparently 2010 is wayyyy harder , infact the hardest , 54 was an A , thats how low the grade boundary was , and everyone here found the ppr easy , im so scared now
Reply 1784
i found C2 really good but i screwed up on the last question:frown: i was going for full marks but i made the stupid mistake of 9-9=1! how many marks do you think i wouldve lost if i still had all the correct working for part a (3marks) and also part b, (3marks) i did the correct working and showed it just with the wrong numbers?
Reply 1785
has anyone made an unofficial marking scheme or does anyone know the link i can find it?
I thought c1 was pretty good, c2 was horrific for me :frown:
Reply 1786
Original post by abdabs1
has anyone made an unofficial marking scheme or does anyone know the link i can find it?
I thought c1 was pretty good, c2 was horrific for me :frown:

Arsey's Model answers: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2362502 :smile:
C2 paper was quite easy, but i only revised 1 day so i didn't do good probably got an E or high U. C1 i done good i revised for 5 days i probably got a B or high C. I flopped first year college just want to progress to A2 and retake C2
Reply 1788
does anyone have the link to the unofficial C2 markscheme?
Original post by ij96
does anyone have the link to the unofficial C2 markscheme?

It's right above you
Wish that 73/75 is for full UMS or even 74/75 giving me a chance to get between 95 and 100. I know that it's quite impossible:tongue:
Original post by seana39223
Sorry but I have to disagree everybody I spoke too said the paper was really nice. (I'm in.year 13 and all the year 12s agreed)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same. All my friends said it was easy but they say that about all papers. You have to compare difficulty with other years.

Did you do the 2 papers I which were considered harder(can't remember if they were jan or june) from 2009 and 2010?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Made an incredibly stupid mistake on 3c) as I rewrote 3^y as 3y so worked it out using that. Doh!
Apart from that I can't spot any major mistakes (but then I can't remember all my answers so...), I guess we'll just have to see what August brings.
Original post by Mimi85
hey , about how many people found the paper hard lol ?i thought i did good until i saw the ms i made so many mistakes , oh gosh , what do u think the grade boundaries gonna this year ? Out of 75 for an A B and C

i can only comment from the MASSES that said so on twitter :tongue: also quite a few people flopped it at my school aswell.

it'll be around 61 for an A - not much higher cos people will have flopped , but not lower cos there were some pretty easy questions tbh.

im thinking the logs one ( 3^y ) will cause serious issues ( smartest people in our school didn't get that - that said i did :colondollar: ) and the trig question and the one where you had to express y in terms of a :smile:
Original post by HannahBanana1995
C1 went fine, however I found C2 quite difficult and lots of people in my year agreed...

I've looked at the mark scheme someone's produced for it on here and I think I've made lots of silly mistakes :/

i wasn't really in the zone for that exam either... Was too excited about the fact that it was my last one!

you don;t know just how much that last line applies to me aswell hahahahaha :tongue:
Original post by Fas
you don;t know just how much that last line applies to me aswell hahahahaha :tongue:

Hahahah! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1796
Original post by Tan hussain
C2 paper was quite easy, but i only revised 1 day so i didn't do good probably got an E or high U. C1 i done good i revised for 5 days i probably got a B or high C. I flopped first year college just want to progress to A2 and retake C2

Haha
Reply 1797
Has anyone going to unofficial mark scheme for C1 C2 and S1 edexcel 2013 ????

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1798
Original post by Taraah

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean't 'going to upload the unofficial..'

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Taraah

Posted from TSR Mobile

This guy has kindly made mark schemes for all three (see threads created)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending