The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Broadgate Park Social Life?

Would having a studio at BGP limit you socially compared to say the main halls on uni campus? :s-smilie:

eg is it true most of the people in them are internationals who dont go out, nowhere to predrink etc..its the 'loner' flat
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by mandem2k11
Would having a studio at BGP limit you socially compared to say the main halls on uni campus? :s-smilie:

BGP is literally a 5 minute walk from campus. It has a Junior Common Room (JCR) committee like all the halls on campus, has representation in the Students' Union, and is part of the Welcome Week programme in its entirety.

The BGP social life is just like that on UP imo :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by DarkWhite
BGP is literally a 5 minute walk from campus. It has a Junior Common Room (JCR) committee like all the halls on campus, has representation in the Students' Union, and is part of the Welcome Week programme in its entirety.

The BGP social life is just like that on UP imo :smile:

Are you 30ft tall or something?
Reply 3
Original post by The_Last_Melon
Are you 30ft tall or something?

Nah I'm a short arse tbh.
Original post by DarkWhite
Nah I'm a short arse tbh.

Impressive walking pace.
Reply 5
Original post by The_Last_Melon
Impressive walking pace.

Reply 6
bump
I'm in a studio on BGP - it's lovely!

I don't drink or pre-drink or go out, but I'm probably the only one in my block who doesn't! You'll be fine. If you do manage to run out of people to have fun with, the bloke in Londis is dead friendly and will probably hang out with you!

And I second that it's 5 mins walk to campus but I'm in Redwoods (right next to the road...) and only counting the time it takes from leaving the building to getting past the barrier on the way in. If you're in another block or wanting to get to the centre of UP it will be slightly more minutes! (Usually 15-20 mins to Hallward, but I'm never in a hurry)
Reply 8
Original post by BrushieDuck
I'm in a studio on BGP - it's lovely!

I don't drink or pre-drink or go out, but I'm probably the only one in my block who doesn't! You'll be fine. If you do manage to run out of people to have fun with, the bloke in Londis is dead friendly and will probably hang out with you!

And I second that it's 5 mins walk to campus but I'm in Redwoods (right next to the road...) and only counting the time it takes from leaving the building to getting past the barrier on the way in. If you're in another block or wanting to get to the centre of UP it will be slightly more minutes! (Usually 15-20 mins to Hallward, but I'm never in a hurry)

bit apprehensive cause all i hear about studios is how theyre so antisocial, no communal area to chill/predrink ,noone goes out and you end up a loner aha :s-smilie:
bit apprehensive cause all i hear about studios is how theyre so antisocial, no communal area to chill/predrink ,noone goes out and you end up a loner aha :s-smilie:

Nah. Broadgate has plenty of places to meet up with people. If you'd prefer a room with a shared kitchen, ask if they have any - you might be able to move to one of those instead.
Reply 10
Original post by BrushieDuck
Nah. Broadgate has plenty of places to meet up with people. If you'd prefer a room with a shared kitchen, ask if they have any - you might be able to move to one of those instead.

everything is full. What do you do for freshers week? coz i was under impression predrinks and meeting everyone etc occurs in the communal area..so what would happen in a studio?
everything is full. What do you do for freshers week? coz i was under impression predrinks and meeting everyone etc occurs in the communal area..so what would happen in a studio?

There are plenty of other places to meet! The common room or Unity would probably be good choices. You don't have to hang about on BGP - it's only a short walk to Uni Park where you can go to Mooch to meet people or meet people at the Fresher's Fair or whatever events are going on for Freshers this year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending