The Student Room Group

Need some advice please

Ok at the moment I am doing Law,History,Geography and English. For A2 I will be dropping one of them - I am aware that the best combination (if I wanted to get into Law) would be to do English, Law and History. However, after having completely screwed up my English exam on timing - I am starting to re think. Also, I find Geography generally more interesting than English.

How much would dropping English and keeping Geography affect my chances?
Reply 1
both are good subjects grades are more important!
Reply 2
At one of my placements at a city firm another person on the scheme was doing a geography degree. If city law firms don't mind someone doing the subject full time I'm sure unis won't mind you doing it as one of your A levels.
Reply 3
Well, i droped English at AS (after only getting a grade C in it) and I am doing full A levels in Law, Politics, Sociology and Critical Thinking; and i managed to get offers from Nottingham and Kings College. So i dont think droping English would affect your chances at all in any way. Although having said that i DID get rejected by both Cambridge and LSE so hmmm...
Do what you most enjoy. Cliche, yes, stupid, no.

In the long run, I don't think it matters too much what subject you do, as long as they're seen to be traditional academic subjects. In that sense, I think Geography is as interchangeable with English for dropping at AS.

Talk it over with your subject teachers, and get their opinion on how they think you will fare in A2 - it might help influence your decision to know roughly, how you will cope with the subjects.

Hope it all works out,

Latest

Trending

Trending