The Student Room Group
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London

Interview at university of west London adult nursing

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hey

I just wondering during the exam or should I say Phase 1, have you done it on the computer or on the paper?

Thanks xx :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
St Mary's Road Campus
University of West London
London
Reply 61
Original post by baemaxx
Hey

I just wondering during the exam or should I say Phase 1, have you done it on the computer or on the paper?

Thanks xx :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, Its all done on paper
Reply 62
Thank you so much for your reply 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, how was your phase 1 test? Mine is next week.
Reply 64
Hi guys
Has anyone been to west London university for an assessment. What is it like? What was the essay about and is there comprehension. What are we expected on maths. Any tip will be useful guys.
Reply 65
Hi l have mine tommorow are we allowed to use a calculator or not and also what type of questions are in the literacy test am soo worried abt that one any infor can really help
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi there,
Yes you can use a calculator - really don't worry about the maths paper.
The literacy entails a text paragraph based on nursing followed by multiple choice questions - all straight forward.
Then you are given an essay title and told to discuss the topic.
Good luck
hi guys I have my interview soon I was wondering what's involved all in all. what are the group discussions based on and do you need to research and current issues in nursing. it will be quite handy if you know of issues that I can discuss
Reply 68
Hi guys,

good luck with the interviews hope you's all get in! Im currently in second year studying children's nursing in the UWL Reading Campus, I live with three other student adult nurses going into our third year in September (three of us are Irish!) we are looking for a 5th house member to join us for the next academic year, our house is a 15 minute walk to Uni and a 10 minute walk to RBH, rent is £350 not including bills, we are a bunch of really friendly girls so if anyones looking for a room or know anyone who is moving over this year, contact me on here for more details :smile:

Thanks

Imogen
Original post by blueizdagirl
hi guys I have my interview soon I was wondering what's involved all in all. what are the group discussions based on and do you need to research and current issues in nursing. it will be quite handy if you know of issues that I can discuss

Hi, have you had your interview and how did it go? am having mine tomorrow and am anxious.
Original post by Omodelucy
Hi, have you had your interview and how did it go? am having mine tomorrow and am anxious.

Hey I have mine on Thursday this week and am a little worried as well mainly about the group discussion as I Dnt knw what's gnna come up. Please let me knw how it goes and good luck
there is a general group discussion where they put out options of midwifery/nursing improvements you a a group have to rate what would be most beneficial etc... they mark you on how you work as a group and your comments.

yes you should research on RCM [royal college of midwifes] for up to date news -
I know yesterday on the news RCM claimed they want to make abortions up to 9 months... know WHY you want to do midwifery and why you would be best for the place.
Reply 72
Hello,

I have got my Phase 1 on Thursday, 9th June, for Childrens Nursing, University of West London. How difficult are the numeracy and literacy tests? Are the tests on the same day as the individual interview and problem solving situations? I have received an email telling me I should bring an ID and my invititation. Does it mean I should print out the email where the information were given or should I print out the letter from UCAS?

Is here anybody who is going to sit the tests on the same day in Reading Campus?

Thank you very much!
Reply 73
hi, I just saw your question and wanted to ask how it went for you. I hope that you passed the tests. let me know how it went for you. GOOD LUCK!!!
Reply 74
I have got an interview for Children's Nursing, London South bank University .Anyone who did the same please highlight for me the essay part. How difficult are the numeracy and literacy tests? Are the tests on the same day as the individual interview and problem-solving situations?
With thanks Berty
Hiya can anyone clarify any details above for 2017?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending