The Student Room Group

Student Finance ***********!!!!

I had my loan all sorted and grants etc.

They on Friday took away my grants and only gave my loan and tuition loan, no grants?! Even though I'm entitled.

My Mum and Dad sent everything possible and it all looked ready etc. now they're saying something hasn't been sent, but it has as it was all sorted.

Is it best to just ring them up and tell them etc.?

Anyone had any problems similar?
I've had a similar problem; I got my maintenance loan confirmation signed it and sent it off etc thought everything was fine and then just last week they sent me another letter with a lower amount of funding and no covering letter explaining why they'd sent another with a lower estimate.

Ringing them on Tuesday to ask why but even then they're so awkward to deal with it probably wont help :/
Reply 2
Oh so now even student finance is penny pinching how the **** are we meant to afford university!?
Reply 3
I thought they didn't need evidence, they just checked with HMRC (as they have your parents' national insurance numbers). If there is any discrepancy between the figure you sent them and what HMRC tell them then they may have lowered your loan amount.

They are a complete nightmare on the phone, I had to ring them the other day about evidence and it took 4 explanations of what I wanted before she gave any kind of useful answer :mad:
Reply 4
Hmmmm. Seems awkward.

The thing is they took away any grant I had so now all I have is a maintenance loan, yet last week I had the maximum grant entitled and had done for ages and thought everything was done.

Now it looks like I'm back to square 1, so frustrating!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Oh about the evidence, my mums is fine but my dad is self employed. Yet he's sent everything possible off!!

How do you find out who your 'sponsor 1 and 2' are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by atastycrumpet
Oh about the evidence, my mums is fine but my dad is self employed. Yet he's sent everything possible off!!

How do you find out who your 'sponsor 1 and 2' are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your sponsors are usually your parents.
Reply 7
Yeah but as in who number 1 and 2 are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah but as in who number 1 and 2 are?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Look on your application and see who you put at number 1 and number 2.
Reply 9
Thanks.

Hope this gets sorted soon!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks.

Hope this gets sorted soon!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

They probably took the grant away as they need more information from your parents... call them up and ask them what else they need. It's easy to sort out. Especially if your parents have filled things in wrongly or the amounts they gave don't match up on paper.
Looked on the site and says they are awaiting no further evidence.... strange

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending