The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by dandaman7771
Yep, that's what I put. How about the with the guy and his case?

I put about the line of action under the centre of mass was outside the base and drew it on the diagram.

Yh the line of action of its weight acts outside the base. There is a resultant moment as the clockwise and anticlockwise moments no longer equal
Is this ok
Original post by sanil17
that dioptres question what did you guys get?
and what will marks will be a 100 ums in this?

it was 2.5, and 58+ will most likely be 100 ums, maybe 57.
I thought the exam was pretty easy, however I don't think the grade boundaries will be as quite as high as some people on here are predicting. Personally, I think the A* boundary will be 46-48.

I already know I've dropped a couple of stupid marks. I forgot to put arrows on my ray diagram, put something stupid about using less power and being more energy efficient for the final question, and I stupidly wrote force is transmitted equally in all directions in a liquid instead of pressure. Hopefully I've still got over 50 though.
Original post by lewdude
Just so you know 51 was an A* in P2 so is perfectly possible!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, hence my prediction..? :tongue:
Original post by Helena...
Yh the line of action of its weight acts outside the base. There is a resultant moment as the clockwise and anticlockwise moments no longer equal
Is this ok

Yes, same as me almost identically, should get us full on that Q.:smile:
Original post by Joe7
I thought the exam was pretty easy, however I don't think the grade boundaries will be as quite as high as some people on here are predicting. Personally, I think the A* boundary will be 46-48.

I already know I've dropped a couple of stupid marks. I forgot to put arrows on my ray diagram, put something stupid about using less power and being more energy efficient for the final question, and I stupidly wrote force is transmitted equally in all directions in a liquid instead of pressure. Hopefully I've still got over 50 though.

Same for that force Q, messed up.:frown:
Reply 586
how many marks was the fission drawing question? i missed it :frown:(((((((?
Original post by Joe7

The grade boundaries could be way under 50 if the official mark scheme is strict. However I do agree that it was an easy paper to drop odd marks on, I'm the same with the arrows, and then I completely misread the question about the suitcase toppling and thought it wanted an explanation of moments so i missed the line of action outside base description etc.
Yes, same as me almost identically, should get us full on that Q.:smile:

how many marks was it, 2?
Original post by sanil17
how many marks was the fission drawing question? i missed it :frown:(((((((?

Don't remember a fission question, are you sure you weren't doing P2?
Original post by sammann123
how many marks was it, 2?

Yes, either 2 or 3.:smile:
Reply 591
Same for that force Q, messed up.:frown:

What was the answer I put the force is larger as the system is a force multiplier?
Was there a part of the question about the motor effect where you had to label in which direction the force of A and C would be going? I heard some people saying there was and I think I missed it.
What was the answer I put the force is larger as the system is a force multiplier?

That's correct, I put the overall force would be equal.:frown:
Yes, either 2 or 3.:smile:

I think i remember two. Reckon i'd get a mark for total anticlockwise moment no longer equals total clockwise moment?

I put this, I put as the area was larger the force is multiplied.
Original post by Randomer96
Was there a part of the question about the motor effect where you had to label in which direction the force of A and C would be going? I heard some people saying there was and I think I missed it.

Yes, at the top of the page of the motor effect Q, only 1 or 2 marks though. A went down, C up.:smile:
Original post by Randomer96

Unfortunately there was, however I think, luckily for you, it was only one mark. I got the the force on the left hand side going down, and the force on the right hand side going up.
Yes, at the top of the page of the motor effect Q, only 1 or 2 marks though. A went down, C up.:smile:

So disappointed, I could easily have done that. I've lose 2 marks now which could be the difference between an overall A* for me.
Original post by sammann123
I think i remember two. Reckon i'd get a mark for total anticlockwise moment no longer equals total clockwise moment?

Probably, if you worded into a long sentence.:tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending