Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Nursing 2013 - Oxford Brookes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by marthak1991
Hi Charlotte.
Congrats on your place :smile: I know I was hoping we'd have some sort of applicant visit day so we could find out what was going on and meet people!
What are your plans for accommodation? Are you going into halls?
Martha

No halls, moving into a rented place with my husband in September. Haven't seen or done anything since the interview really!
Charlotte
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Reply 41
Hey guys im at brookes in swindon atm and basically the most important jabs r hep b and meningitis they also like u to have had the bcg jab xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Do they contact you and tell you what you need? I have sent of my medical history already! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Yea once u start they will put u thru the processes hun :-) xx
Original post by CBrayshaw
No halls, moving into a rented place with my husband in September. Haven't seen or done anything since the interview really!
Charlotte

No I'm not going into halls either. Need to find somewhere to rent! Hopefully they'll get in contact soon. Difficult to make any plans! Had an email about a bursary application recently so they haven't forgotten us! Did you receive it as well?
Martha
Reply 45
I'm starting mental health nursing in September :smile: Although I have a question. I can see a lot of you are staying in halls. How are you all affording it? My bursary would just about cover it without any extra money to live...:confused:
Im planning on starving myself! Haha. Not a clue how to fund it all to be honest. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Hi everyone! I applied very last min and got in :smile:, is anyone else doing the conversion course? Also, how do I apply for a bursary and are we entitled to student loans etc? Xx
Reply 48
Original post by Amysutton
Hi everyone! I applied very last min and got in :smile:, is anyone else doing the conversion course? Also, how do I apply for a bursary and are we entitled to student loans etc? Xx

Hey thats great congratulations! Whats the conversion course? All the bursary stuff is on the nhs website just google it :smile: and you are entitled to a matinence loan I think you do that through student finance but its not very much compared to other courses! Hope that helped :smile: xx
Reply 49
Original post by hunnuhx
Hey thats great congratulations! Whats the conversion course? All the bursary stuff is on the nhs website just google it :smile: and you are entitled to a matinence loan I think you do that through student finance but its not very much compared to other courses! Hope that helped :smile: xx

Thank you! Ill try and get on and do them today :smile: I hate filling in forms..! :smile: xx
Reply 50
Oh and sorry, the conversion course is because I am already a mental health nurse, so just need to do the last 2 years of adult nursing xxx
Reply 51
Original post by marthak1991
No I'm not going into halls either. Need to find somewhere to rent! Hopefully they'll get in contact soon. Difficult to make any plans! Had an email about a bursary application recently so they haven't forgotten us! Did you receive it as well?
Martha

Yes, bursary seems to be lined up and ready to go, but not until we get started. Nice to have some more info now on the course site- at least I know what I'm doing for the first week! We found that places moved really quickly in Oxford, so if you see somewhere you like view it ASAP. I've had a few journeys from Cheltenham to see several places, only to get calls all the way there saying that several of them have gone. Very frustrating. If you need any info on areas just ask, I know a little more about Oxford now that i did a month ago!

Char
Reply 52
Did anyone else get Crescent for accommodation? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hunnuhx
Did anyone else get Crescent for accommodation? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im in crescent. Was my last choice tho. Was it your first?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Original post by Zoe-Louise13

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it was my third choice :frown: I've emailed accommodation to see if I can swap but I think I'll have to settle for crescent haha. But at least I'm not the only one!
[QUOTE="hunnuhx;44158459"]

Posted from TSR Mobile

No it was my third choice :frown: I've emailed accommodation to see if I can swap but I think I'll have to settle for crescent haha. But at least I'm not the only one!

We could be in the same block :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 56
[QUOTE="Zoe-Louise13;44159191"]
Original post by hunnuhx

We could be in the same block :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yaaayy hopefully :smile: I feel a bit better about it now knowing I'm not the only one! It seems everyone else got Paul Kent :L
[QUOTE="hunnuhx;44159823"]

Yaaayy hopefully :smile: I feel a bit better about it now knowing I'm not the only one! It seems everyone else got Paul Kent :L

How early did you apply for your accommodation? We're probably the unlucky 2 that they didn't have space for at Paul Kent! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
[QUOTE="Zoe-Louise13;44160103"]
Original post by hunnuhx

How early did you apply for your accommodation? We're probably the unlucky 2 that they didn't have space for at Paul Kent! Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied as early as I could so I think it was like April sometime, so it's not like I applied late or anything! But oh well I guess we'll just have to make the best of Crescent! Do you know which room you are in yet? I just went to accept my offer and it says the system is down! So I won't know for a few more days :frown:
[QUOTE="hunnuhx;44216284"]

I applied as early as I could so I think it was like April sometime, so it's not like I applied late or anything! But oh well I guess we'll just have to make the best of Crescent! Do you know which room you are in yet? I just went to accept my offer and it says the system is down! So I won't know for a few more days :frown:

Yeah, i think i applied in June. I just logged on too to try and get a phone number to ring someone but their closed until tomorrow afternoon so i think they must be doing the rest of the allocations. I don't know wether to confirm it anyway or wait till Ive spoken to someone :/. Did they reply to your email? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending