Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Ask me questions *first year student*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Bubble_10
There is a lot of free time (judging by my flatmate). If you are not keen on Queen Mary then defo come to Brunel! I live in South London so about the same-ish distance like yours and I think living in halls and having that uni experience is something in itself!!

Remember to go with a Uni that you will be happy studying at!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I called up queen mary and asked whether they would accept me if I had told Brunel to release me/reject me, they said we wouldn't have accepted you since I got BBB and not AAB as they wanted. I got accepted to Brunel (they wanted AAB too).

But now I'm just confused as to whether live on campus or not? ?
what are your experiences to living on campus?
Do you think its pointless for me to move and live there, when I live in east london? it'll take around 1hr 40 mins travel apparently, as google maps say lol!
The rent price at Brunel is putting me off though. I picked ensuite, £125 weekly, totalling to £4,600 altogether.

And do you have any opinions of Lancaster complex hall/building for accommodation?
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Don't worry, last year I felt the same as you and I had so many questions but no one to ask haha :ahee:

Yes, so you move in on Sunday 15th and that week is freshers. There are loads of things to do both during the day and night. Honestly you probably wont be able to go to all activities during the day because you are given course timetables, but you'll be able to go to some and ofc the best thing - freshers fare.

Yep you'll see loads of parents on move in day. Some people come with there whole family as well. Last year once I had moved all my stuff into my room my parent's stayed for like 10mins then left me to get on with unpacking. However some of my flatmates parents stayed longer, but I guess it depends on what you feels best. Because I live in London its not difficult for me to go home whereas the girl whos parents stayed a while lived in Leicester - so pretty far!

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions then please do not hesitate to ask :smile: x
Posted from TSR Mobile

I need some help please. After 1st year living on campus, can you reapply for accommodation on campus for second yr or do you have to live off campus?
Reply 42
Original post by deryaya
Yeah, I called up queen mary and asked whether they would accept me if I had told Brunel to release me/reject me, they said we wouldn't have accepted you since I got BBB and not AAB as they wanted. I got accepted to Brunel (they wanted AAB too).

Do you think its pointless for me to move and live there, when I live in east london? it'll take around 1hr 40 mins travel apparently, as google maps say lol!
The rent price at Brunel is putting me off though. I picked ensuite, £125 weekly, totalling to £4,600 altogether.

And do you have any opinions of Lancaster complex hall/building for accommodation?

When I went to open day, it took me about an 1hr and 10-30min from my home to brunel! This is because you have to wait for the train that goes to Uxbridge. So yeah, I am no way going to travel that much every single day. Got my accommodation do that I could wake up normally and study effectively! Good luck
Reply 43
Original post by deryaya

Hey.. I live in south London so its around the same-ish time. I did live on campus in Bishops Complex which I found to be really nice and handy! Although it is quiet expensive I think its good to experience uni life. I can think of a lot of positives for living on campus so I'd say it is worth it. I also know a few people from east London living on campus and also those who travel in, and one thing those who travel in rarely come to lectures lol

Original post by Mr.Revision
I need some help please. After 1st year living on campus, can you reapply for accommodation on campus for second yr or do you have to live off campus?

I am going into my 2nd year and I decided that there was not a lot of people who I'd want to live in a house with in 2nd year so I applied for accommodation and at first I wasnt successful but about a month later they accepted my application :smile: ideally 2nd years should live off campus so its not guaranteed as campus accommodation is prioritised for freshers and 3rd year +

Original post by paprika1
When I went to open day, it took me about an 1hr and 10-30min from my home to brunel! This is because you have to wait for the train that goes to Uxbridge. So yeah, I am no way going to travel that much every single day. Got my accommodation do that I could wake up normally and study effectively! Good luck

Yeah I totally agree! Campus is good to live on :smile: so many benefits!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Hey! How were you taking notes? Did you use a laptop or paper and pen?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by HelloIze
Hey! How were you taking notes? Did you use a laptop or paper and pen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,

I used my notebook and a pen. Some lecturers also provided handouts which I used also. I'd recommend not bringing a laptop to lectures because it is really irritating when people are tapping away, also if the battery dies then that's it lol.
Reply 46
Hey,

I used my notebook and a pen. Some lecturers also provided handouts which I used also. I'd recommend not bringing a laptop to lectures because it is really irritating when people are tapping away, also if the battery dies then that's it lol.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Hi, it´s me again! Do you know how is Stockwell Hall, in Lancaster complex like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 48
Original post by HelloIze
Hi, it´s me again! Do you know how is Stockwell Hall, in Lancaster complex like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey,

No unfortunately I don't know about Stockwell Hall but Lancaster Complex is really nice and one of the newer sets of accommodation. I had many friends living in Lancaster last year so don't worry about it being horrible because it's not! :smile:
Reply 49
Hey, can you get me in contact with some of your product design friends? I have some course related questions.

Thank you
Reply 50
my son is an International student and he will begin the University on september..Where the student buy comforters, towels, kitchen and laundry stuff?
Reply 51
[INDENT]Hello guys! Sorry my message doesn't concern your topic, but I'm new here and I don't know where to post it
I hope you will understand me!
My name is Argentina, I'm a Russian pupil of 10th form 16 years old and my dream is to apply for UCL! I would like to make friends with current students and discuss all the aspects of university with them! Please wright me!
[/INDENT]
Reply 52
Original post by Selena4595
Hey, can you get me in contact with some of your product design friends? I have some course related questions.

Thank you

Hey if you have Facebook have a look for "Brunel Design and Engineering Year 2 (2013)"

Original post by giselle129
my son is an International student and he will begin the University on september..Where the student buy comforters, towels, kitchen and laundry stuff?

Hey! If you need to buy those things you can head into Uxbridge town which is about a 10min walk from campus. There are many houseware stores. I would recommend checking out Poundland, Wilkinsons and Argos :smile:
Reply 53
Hey Guys,

So as the title says, I'm a first year student (Fresher) and I've just finished my first year a week ago. If you have any questions i'm here to help and answer them.

I was in you positions last year and so please do not hesitate to ask me things ABOUT UNI

Good Luck in your exams also, and hopefully you all are successful in getting to your Firm choice Uni's (whether that be Brunel or not) :smile: :smile:

Note: Please ask constructive questions about Uni and not about my personal life.

---
Hiya, I'm considering firming Brunel University

I have a car and will be moving away from home to live in the halls of residents, can I keep my car on campus or is there anywhere for me to keep my car?

Reply 54
Hiya, considering firming Brunel University

I have a car and of course wish to bring it with me as I am moving away from home. I will be living in the halls of residents. Do you know if I can keep my car on campus or is there somewhere I could keep it?

Thanks x
Original post by Aime210
Hiya, considering firming Brunel University

I have a car and of course wish to bring it with me as I am moving away from home. I will be living in the halls of residents. Do you know if I can keep my car on campus or is there somewhere I could keep it?

Thanks x

There isn't unfortunately if you live in the halls of residents apart from the pay and display carpark which is 50p ah hour- easiest thing to do is get a lift with all your stuff. Public transport around Brunel is fine.
Reply 56
Is UNI as intense as a levels?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
Hey Guys,

So as the title says, I'm a first year student (Fresher) and I've just finished my first year a week ago. If you have any questions i'm here to help and answer them.

I was in you positions last year and so please do not hesitate to ask me things ABOUT UNI

Good Luck in your exams also, and hopefully you all are successful in getting to your Firm choice Uni's (whether that be Brunel or not) :smile: :smile:

Note: Please ask constructive questions about Uni and not about my personal life.

Hi,

I dunno if you are still answering them, but I would just like to ask a few questions.

Firstly, in terms of your accommodation, when they reply about what you Prefer do you get a choice in which hall or does it get chosen?

Also, do you get given a timetable on your first day?. And generally what happens in freshers in Brunel? (excluding the partying) I mean just like, events, meeting tutors? Ext?

If you do answer thank you for your time & good luck for next year
Reply 58
Hello. So I'm thinking about going into engineering with a foundation year. Do you think foundation is a pointless year?
Also I'm aiming to get BBB however most courses want ABB.. Will they still accept me. ?
Is staying on campus pointless since I don't drink? However I like to party ??
Hey Guys,

Hi, Im 23 going on 24 in September, i was wondering whether their are many mature undergraduate students at Brunel? Also are their many matures students living in halls?

Thanks Sunny

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending