The Student Room Group

SFE- Maintenance loan for EU Student

Hi,

I wanted to ask questions regarding the maintenance loan I want to apply for the next academic year. So I am currently on a gap year to gain experience and next year is my final year. When I started my university course in 2021 I had pre-settled status, however I have been recently been granted settled status and I wanted to receive some financial help.

What is the process to apply for maintenance loan even if I have been on tuition only for the first two years of uni?

And due to me being on a gap year, would that affect my next re-application?

I know there are two slightly different questions but I hope someone can help me.
ps: I didn't particularly need maintenance loan before as I have been living with my parents for the first two years and had a part time job however next year I will be on campus.

Thank you,
Heena
Hi Heena,

You can apply on a paper PN1 form and provide your Home Office Letter and Share Code to apply for home funding including the Maintenance Loan. Applications for 24/25 are set to launch in the spring/summer. In regards to your gap year, this will not affect your eligibility as we only take into account any previous study years you have, not any gaps.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Thank you so much for the info.
No problem. If you have any more questions let us know 🙂
Hi,

I wanted to ask another question about the loan. I wanted my loan to be assessed as a independent student but I am not sure if I am eligible for that. So just to give context, I have been supporting myself financially for the last three years but prior to starting university I wasn't working and was being supported financially by my parents.

Would I be able to complete the form as an independent student or would I need to have it assessed on my parents income?
Original post by Heenakrishan
Hi,
I wanted to ask another question about the loan. I wanted my loan to be assessed as a independent student but I am not sure if I am eligible for that. So just to give context, I have been supporting myself financially for the last three years but prior to starting university I wasn't working and was being supported financially by my parents.
Would I be able to complete the form as an independent student or would I need to have it assessed on my parents income?

Hi there,

Based on this it sounds like your parents should support your application.

To be an Independent student you'd need to show proof that you were financially self-sufficient for 3 years prior to the start of your course: for example, 3 years worth of P60s.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending