The Student Room Group

A couple of questions..

QUESTION 1:

I know there's probably a couple other threads like this, so I apologise in advance..

I'm going into IB1 next year and I plan on doing Psychology (aiming for a career as an Industrial-Organizational psychologist) and maybe another Social Science in uni, so I was wondering if these subjects were a good choice -

English A HL
French B SL (the school I'm in is in France, so even though I'm only finishing up my first year here, I think it'll be OK)
Psychology HL
Business and Management HL
Biology HL
Maths SL

Yes, I know - 4 HLs blah blah blah but worst case scenario I'll just drop one after a few months if I can't deal with the workload.

QUESTION 2:

I'm currently 14 and not turning 15 till the 3rd/4th week of IB1, and am graduating at 16. Do you guys think that my age will have any positive or negative impact on my years in IB or will it not change anything? As one normally would, I'm slightly hoping for a positive impact but still curious as to what others think.
Reply 1
WOW! you must be really clever if you are taking it so young :O Nothing can prepare you for the work load so that doesn't make a difference how old you are, as long as you are mature for your age. It could have a positive impact, like there will be less 18th birthday parties just before exams like I had :P
Yeah 4HLs ouch!
Seems like a good combination to me, youve got a decent range and aslong as your HLs are your strongest subjects then seems great!

Let me know if you need any more help and good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Heyy I started the IB at 15 and will hopefully finish at 17 :smile:

Your choices are fine and I also do 4 HL and I study Psychology but at SL... Good luck with everything and organise yourself!! It totally helps :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending