The Student Room Group

Grant Thornton School Leaver

Just been told I've been advanced to the final stage of the Grant Thornton school leaver programme for Public Sector Audit. The experience day is on Thursday 18th October in Leeds if anybody else on here is attending that

Is there anybody who has done this before either with school leaver or graduate and able to give a slightly more detailed overview of the day? i.e who the interview is with (partner or manager), roughly what the group exercise involves, and any tips they have?
Thanks greatly in advance

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by mattwrad
Just been told I've been advanced to the final stage of the Grant Thornton school leaver programme for Public Sector Audit. The experience day is on Thursday 18th October in Leeds if anybody else on here is attending that

Is there anybody who has done this before either with school leaver or graduate and able to give a slightly more detailed overview of the day? i.e who the interview is with (partner or manager), roughly what the group exercise involves, and any tips they have?
Thanks greatly in advance

hi. could you plesse tell me about the video interview
Reply 2
Original post by Q and A
hi. could you plesse tell me about the video interview

Was a case study (can’t prepare for it) with some written questions on it, get like 20 minutes so shouldn’t be an issue. Actual interview is like 5/6 questions where u get like 30 seconds to read and have a think then you record your response. Standard questions tbh like why audit/GT and some examples of when you’ve worked as a team/managed a project. Nothing in there to catch you out :smile: This was 2 years ago so may have changed. Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
How’s the school leaver programme so far, I’ve applied to the January one 2022 and I’m waiting to hear back.
Reply 4
Original post by Yahyam
How’s the school leaver programme so far, I’ve applied to the January one 2022 and I’m waiting to hear back.

Going well so far! Just finished my AAT & starting ACA in Jan, which office have you applied for? Good luck!
Reply 5
I applied for the London office, I just received an email for my coaching feedback follow up call. What’s it like so far, is it difficult what do you do on a daily basis and what’s the future career prospects?
Reply 6
Not too difficult, plenty of help available & you get coached through everything in your first year. Can’t speak for London as I’m based in Leeds but I was doing audit work from day 1, reconciliations, sample testing etc. just about to go into year 3 now and will be in charging audits next year, so quite a steep learning curve. Future career prospects depends on team & region but most promotions are quite timely (if you push can be director in your early 30s, there’s a partner in her early 40s in Leeds). Good luck
Reply 7
That’s good, but I was told that if you don’t have a degree that like you’d less likely be chosen to be promoted over someone who has a degree.
Reply 8
Original post by Yahyam
That’s good, but I was told that if you don’t have a degree that like you’d less likely be chosen to be promoted over someone who has a degree.

Degree is irrelevant once you’ve got ACA as ACA is higher than a degree, from my experience school leavers are more sought after than grads as they’ve had an extra 2 years in practice
Reply 9
Thank you very much bro wish you the best!
Reply 10
Hi, I just got another email from Gt talking about a virtual experience day. It says that we’ll be doing group tasks and working over zoom. Could you give me any tips or pointers for this day?
Original post by Yahyam
Hi, I just got another email from Gt talking about a virtual experience day. It says that we’ll be doing group tasks and working over zoom. Could you give me any tips or pointers for this day?

Hi, I’m doing this in a couple of days and I was wondering what it was like / what to expect? Also how long did it take? Mine starts at 9:30 so what time should I expect to finish?
Reply 12
Not too difficult, plenty of help available & you get coached through everything in your first year. Can’t speak for London as I’m based in Leeds but I was doing audit work from day 1, reconciliations, sample testing etc. just about to go into year 3 now and will be in charging audits next year, so quite a steep learning curve. Future career prospects depends on team & region but most promotions are quite timely (if you push can be director in your early 30s, there’s a partner in her early 40s in Leeds). Good luck

hi could i ask you a couple of questions about the apprenticeship?
Original post by Yahyam

hi could i ask you a couple of questions about the apprent
Reply 13
Original post by FizzYizz
Hi, I’m doing this in a couple of days and I was wondering what it was like / what to expect? Also how long did it take? Mine starts at 9:30 so what time should I expect to finish?

Original post by Yahyam

hi could i ask you a couple of questions about the apprenticeship?
Reply 14
Had my Assessment centre recently, and I was just wondering how long everyone's interviews lasted and how many qs you guys were asked?
Original post by Mty2302
Had my Assessment centre recently, and I was just wondering how long everyone's interviews lasted and how many qs you guys were asked?

Hiya, not at the stage you are at currently but I do have the digital interview to do- can you remember what questions they've asked you at stage one and how were the cognitive games?please and thanks
Reply 16
Original post by FizzYizz

how did you find it? Did you get an offer? And how long was the interview, if you can remember?

hi, do u remember any of the questions specifically for the digital interview?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Sharafs11
hi, do u remember any of the questions specifically for the digital interview?

Hi, I know this question wasn’t directed at me but advice I would give is research your role and gt.
Original post by Annu_4
Hi, I know this question wasn’t directed at me but advice I would give is research your role and gt.

Thanks have you done your interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending