The Student Room Group

Help with my pgce science interview

I have an online interview tomorrow, please I need some guide on the nature of questions to expect and also how to go about my 5mins teaching presentation online.
Reply 1
Original post by Ojiya
I have an online interview tomorrow, please I need some guide on the nature of questions to expect and also how to go about my 5mins teaching presentation online.

For your teaching presentation, what is the subject? Do a 5 minute mini-lesson with a couple of questions and a few facts. To be fair, I am not really sure what you can do in 5 minutes. Some kids take more than that to come into a lesson, sit down and be ready to start.

As for your interview:

Why do you want to teach?

What is a the safeguarding procedure (tell someone else or use the schools safeguarding procedure)

What knowledge experience do you have?

What additional things can you bring to the school outside your subject?

Also - if it is a faith school or value based school, make sure you at least know what the values are.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by hotpud
For your teaching presentation, what is the subject? Do a 5 minute mini-lesson with a couple of questions and a few facts. To be fair, I am not really sure what you can do in 5 minutes. Some kids take more than that to come into a lesson, sit down and be ready to start.

As for your interview:

What is a the safeguarding procedure (tell someone else or use the schools safeguarding procedure)

Also - if it is a faith school or value based school, make sure you at least know what the values are.

Good luck!

Physics is the subject
Reply 3
Original post by Ojiya
Physics is the subject

And the topic? Teach them a quick fact. If there is a magic trick in there and a couple of questions to get your interviewers wondering or thinking, even better!
Reply 4
If it makes you feel any better this country is so desperate for physics teachers you will almost definitely pass the interview. Unless you say something out of whack lol. For the teaching presentation, don't go overboard with too many slides and too much information.
Reply 5
Original post by hotpud

As for your interview:

Good luck!

Thanks, I got a conditional offer.
Reply 6
Original post by Ojiya
Thanks, I got a conditional offer.

Yay! Well done!
Reply 7
Well done on your offer! What was the presentation process like? Tips would be super useful. I’ve applied for Biology PGCE.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending