The Student Room Group
Reply 1
They don't seem to have published the 2006 past papers yet, but there are other ones on this link if they are of any use.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/soc_assess.html
Reply 2
Mark schemes aren't published until the next exam is sat (so after June), I'm not sure if it's the same with the exam papers themselves...?
Reply 3
I've just read around a bit on the website, and anything from January or March 2006 will not be published until October 2006.
Reply 4
sexysax
I've just read around a bit on the website, and anything from January or March 2006 will not be published until October 2006.

yeah I know... I was just wondering if any one would be able to remember them... it's so annoying that they don't put them on the website straight after the exam- apparently my teacher said it's because they want people to buy them first...grr! lol

cheers anyway
xx
Reply 5
dudete
yeah I know... I was just wondering if any one would be able to remember them... it's so annoying that they don't put them on the website straight after the exam- apparently my teacher said it's because they want people to buy them first...grr! lol

cheers anyway
xx

I know the questions set for religion in January 2006, but not for Crime and Deviance.

The 8 mark question was about why New Religious Movements have such a high turnover?

The 12 mark question was about why church attendance has declined.

The 40 mark question was about the validity of the Functionalist theory, in modern day British society.

PS. Does anyone know the question set for Stratification (Sociology) during January.

I would very much appreciate it.
Reply 6
Bless you '1984'!... cheers for that, v. much appreciated - there should be two 40 markers though? can you remember the other one... dont' worry if you can't - you've helped me a lot

xx
Reply 7
4 (a) Identify and briefly explain some of the reasons why New Religious Movements have such a high turnover of members. (8 marks)

(b) Using material from item B and elsewhere, briefly examine why some people feel that traditional Churches and denominations no longer meet their religious needs. (12 marks)

5 - Evaluate functionalist views on the role and functions of religion today. (40 marks)

OR

6 - Evaluate sociological explanations of the relationship between gender and religious belief and practice. (40 marks)

Hope it helps.
Reply 8
Thanks that helped me as well! :smile:

Btw I was looking through the other past papers, and it seems that Secularisation hasn't come up as a 40 mark questions for a while, I'm assuming it will come up in June??? What do you guys think? (I really hope it does!!)
Reply 9
xxnizxx
Thanks that helped me as well! :smile:

Btw I was looking through the other past papers, and it seems that Secularisation hasn't come up as a 40 mark questions for a while, I'm assuming it will come up in June??? What do you guys think? (I really hope it does!!)

I agree.

It probably will.

That's my favourite essay of them all.
Reply 10
I agree.

It probably will.

That's my favourite essay of them all.

Same here! :smile: and I've already revised for that properly.

Have you noticed any trends for the Theory and Methods paper?
Reply 11
Actually, I'm just taking religion and stratification.
Reply 12
xxnizxx

I see that you intend to go to Queen Mary for Law.

I might see you there.
Reply 13
4 (a) Identify and briefly explain some of the reasons why New Religious Movements have such a high turnover of members. (8 marks)

(b) Using material from item B and elsewhere, briefly examine why some people feel that traditional Churches and denominations no longer meet their religious needs. (12 marks)

5 - Evaluate functionalist views on the role and functions of religion today. (40 marks)

OR

6 - Evaluate sociological explanations of the relationship between gender and religious belief and practice. (40 marks)

Hope it helps.

Cheers, you've saved a lot of trawling through much of the web xx
Reply 14
I see that you intend to go to Queen Mary for Law.

I might see you there.

Oh really, cool. What course you doing?
Reply 15
xxnizxx

I have all the questions for T&M for the last like 5 years if you're intersted. PM me if you are...
Reply 16
xxnizxx
Oh really, cool. What course you doing?

Law as well.

Latest