The Student Room Group

History Applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by #afital
Who did the HAT today?? And how did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

We are allowed to discuss now but I'll redirect you here so we don't annoy the non-oxford applicants on this thread :smile: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2389724
Reply 381
Original post by Bobdole96
Offers from-
UEA- AAB
Sheffield- AAB or ABB+B in EPQ
Applied to-
York, Warwick and Oxford (oriel)
Anyone had any offers from York yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

my mate has, for history BA
Reply 382
Offers from-
UEA- AAB
Applied to-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I have, well for History and French but it's handled by the History department, It was AAA :smile:
Reply 383
Offers from-
UEA- AAB
Applied to-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, came in last week - the standard AAA. UCAS form was submitted on the 9th Oct.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 384
Offer from Durham today!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I'm applying for History at Glasgow, Exeter, Plymouth, Cardiff and one other. Was thinking between Edinburgh, Nottingham or Sheffield. I'm predicted AAA with AAABB at AS but I'm really worried ill struggle to get in as I'm handing in my application Monday and people have already got offers.

Also I was considering a year abroad with some courses, do you have to apply to another course or is it usually optional with V100.
Reply 386
Original post by frisths
Offer from Durham today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you already got your grades?
Original post by frisths
Offer from Durham today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats ! When did you submit your ucas ?
Reply 388
Original post by JA11K
Have you already got your grades?

No I haven't, still in 6th form
Reply 389
Original post by DaisyBell454
Congrats ! When did you submit your ucas ?

Thank you :smile: on the 3rd of October
Reply 390
Original post by frisths
No I haven't, still in 6th form

Oh, congrats! What are you predicted? I thought Durham didn't give offers out for a while yet.
Original post by JA11K
Oh, congrats! What are you predicted? I thought Durham didn't give offers out for a while yet.

I think they've given out some already - a couple of people at my school who put in their applications in on like the 1st October have them :smile:

They said in the offer letter that they wouldn't be assigning colleges until February when they have all the applications!
Reply 392
Original post by musicanddrama
I think they've given out some already - a couple of people at my school who put in their applications in on like the 1st October have them :smile:

They said in the offer letter that they wouldn't be assigning colleges until February when they have all the applications!

That's interesting! I sent mine in on the 9th, I wonder if I'll hear soon.

And so don't you know which college you'd be in yet then?
Original post by JA11K
That's interesting! I sent mine in on the 9th, I wonder if I'll hear soon.

And so don't you know which college you'd be in yet then?

Nope - I applied for University College - "U" on the UCAS form for which campus; and when I got my offer it changed to "Z" - application pending - which they do for all offers before the college allocation!
Reply 394
can i ask why people want to apply to study History ?? like what do you hope to get out of it in the long run...whats the point of putting yourself in so much debt?

Not trying to get at History applicants...I personally love history but dont see the point of it at degree level
Reply 395
Original post by RagaZ
can i ask why people want to apply to study History ?? like what do you hope to get out of it in the long run...whats the point of putting yourself in so much debt?

Not trying to get at History applicants...I personally love history but dont see the point of it at degree level

I want to study History out of pure enjoyment.
But it's hardly a useless degree. It has many transferable skills, and history students are quite well sought out for a variety of jobs. Just look at one of the top University's page for History and you'll see the majority have gone on to further education or work.
I personally have no idea what I want to do in my life, I love History, it leaves a lot of doors open.
Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 396
Original post by JA11K

Thank you :smile:
I'm predicted 3 A*.
My school does automatic A* predictions if you get over 90% at AS.
Good luck with your application and fingers crossed you hear back soon!
The waiting game sucks...
Reply 397
Original post by frisths
Offer from Durham today!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats :biggrin:, fellow durham applicant here :smile:, still waiting though :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 398
Original post by ErHi?
Same! Applied on the 13th October, a little over 3 weeks now and my Track has been inactive :frown:

It's been over a month for me now :frown:, I do have an interview from Cambridge, but I just really want somewhere to give me an offer :smile:
Reply 399
Original post by smile:D
It's been over a month for me now :frown:, I do have an interview from Cambridge, but I just really want somewhere to give me an offer :smile:

oh wow Congratulations on the interview :biggrin:! What college did you go for?

Yea I know, it's quite depressing :/ The Econ History dept at LSE has started to become active in giving out offers so I hope that I get one soon....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending