Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by erhi?
a*aa offer from ucl - absolutely buzzing :d

yay well done, i told you you would!
Reply 581
Original post by holly.22
yay well done, i told you you would!

haha thanks :biggrin: I'm always so doubtful! Kinda went crazy when I got it.... :/
Reply 582
Original post by ErHi?
haha thanks :biggrin: I'm always so doubtful! Kinda went crazy when I got it.... :/

Oh tell me about it! I cried like a bitch!
Reply 583
Oh tell me about it! I cried like a bitch!

Happy then scared at the thought of having to get A*AA..... I have no idea how to approach that A* haha
Original post by ErHi?
Happy then scared at the thought of having to get A*AA..... I have no idea how to approach that A* haha

Start working harder and revising early. That's why I want some offers, because it'll motivate me to get moving... :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How can I have an interview at Oxford yet have heard nothing from any other university? Now I'm a Historian, not a Mathematician, but this just doesn't add up!
Reply 586
Original post by Jenkins1995
How can I have an interview at Oxford yet have heard nothing from any other university? Now I'm a Historian, not a Mathematician, but this just doesn't add up!

I was in that position at the beginning of the week haha! Interview at Cambridge but hadn't heard anything until a UCL offer yesterday!

Don't worry, you'll obviously get something if oxford think you're worthy for interview :biggrin:
Reply 587
Original post by SoggyTractor
Start working harder and revising early. That's why I want some offers, because it'll motivate me to get moving... :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha it has motivated me to start going over content for Economics because that's what I'm most likely to get the A* in!
I applied for History, got an A*AA offer from Exeter which was surprisingly high...waiting on UCL, LSE, Durham and have an interview at Cambridge on the 17th. Just want this waiting to end, even if it's bad news! :L
Reply 589
Original post by robcfunnell
I applied for History, got an A*AA offer from Exeter which was surprisingly high...waiting on UCL, LSE, Durham and have an interview at Cambridge on the 17th. Just want this waiting to end, even if it's bad news! :L

V100 or V104 at UCL?
Original post by Gabby DDA
V100 or V104 at UCL?

V100...I got some email asking for what makes a good history book but nothing since from UCL. :frown:
Reply 591
Original post by robcfunnell
V100...I got some email asking for what makes a good history book but nothing since from UCL. :frown:

I sent my answer to the question of what makes a 'good' history book a month today, (4th november), and received my offer yesterday, so basically had to wait a month for them to respond!

Don't get disheartened, History is very popular and they have to wade through a lot of applicants! I really think they place a lot of wait on the question and PS, because my grades aren't spectacular in my opinion!
Reply 592
Original post by Gabby DDA
yep I've applied to ucl history with a year abroad, have you heard from them?

Hi, no. Heard nothing yet, what about you? Mind me asking what your grades are like?
Reply 593
Original post by Jord1995
Hi, no. Heard nothing yet, what about you? Mind me asking what your grades are like?

I think UCL will take longer for V104 because theres hardly any places for it! I know they've started to give out V100 offers, because a few people have got one on this forum (including me, hooray!), so I reckon UCL will wait until after Jan 15th!
Reply 594
Original post by ErHi?
I think UCL will take longer for V104 because theres hardly any places for it! I know they've started to give out V100 offers, because a few people have got one on this forum (including me, hooray!), so I reckon UCL will wait until after Jan 15th!

OOH!! Wow, seriously well done! UCL is a pretty cool uni, so well done for getting an offer:biggrin:.. And yeah, I thought the same! Oh well, all of my unis are traditionally very slow:frown:
Reply 595
Original post by ErHi?

Its going to be interesting to see how many offers are given out for V104 and when; UCL's study abroad programme with straight degrees is lacking compared to other unis, so it was a difficult decision not to apply for the V104 course!
Reply 596
Its going to be interesting to see how many offers are given out for V104 and when; UCL's study abroad programme with straight degrees is lacking compared to other unis, so it was a difficult decision not to apply for the V104 course!

The competitions must be incredibly fierce! Indeed, I will like to see what UCL do in that front. I was considering the study abroad, but I was worried about the financing of it and also the competition of even applying for it! Studying at a North American university, especially if it was going to be a potential Ivy would have been wonderful but I'd rather actually get admitted to UCL and just not do the year abroad because it's a bloody incredible university!

Have you any idea so far of what you're going to firm? :biggrin:
Reply 597
Original post by ErHi?
The competitions must be incredibly fierce! Indeed, I will like to see what UCL do in that front. I was considering the study abroad, but I was worried about the financing of it and also the competition of even applying for it! Studying at a North American university, especially if it was going to be a potential Ivy would have been wonderful but I'd rather actually get admitted to UCL and just not do the year abroad because it's a bloody incredible university!

Have you any idea so far of what you're going to firm? :biggrin:

I know, don't really fancy shelling out another £14,000 not even including living costs! :s-smilie: but yeah it would've been a great opportunity!

Pretty sure I'll be firming UCL, pending what happens on the open day; the last History one was great so I doubt it'll be a problem! It depends on whether I get Warwick tbh, their curriculum is very interestingly run, I like the idea of just studying modern; maybe that is a little short-sighted. argghhh decisions!! it would've been so much easier if UCL had just said no! :wink:
Reply 598
Original post by Jord1995
4 A's at AS level and predicted A*A*A overall. Wbu?
Reply 599
Got AAB offers from Sheffield and Newcastle which is brilliant ... but now I have to devcide between them :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending