The Student Room Group

Have you guys never revised for an exam? how did it go?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Just keep in mind that most of the time the people claiming to have done no revision are the ones that put the most effort in.

Don't be persuaded to not revise if you hear 'I did no revision and got 11A*s' as most of the time that's a false statement!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by This Honest
I didn't want to retake as I got an A first time but teacher said I must retake to improve my chances of getting the A* in chemistry.

What. An. Ass. im sure you can get an A* in chemistry with an A, but it would be a bit hard with a B. Do they use the best grade or the recent?
Original post by Ferrari Lexus
What. An. Ass. im sure you can get an A* in chemistry with an A, but it would be a bit hard with a B. Do they use the best grade or the recent?

They use the best grade :biggrin:
I got an A overall as the last module was a bit tricky coupled with stupid mistakes
Original post by StephenNaulls
Just keep in mind that most of the time the people claiming to have done no revision are the ones that put the most effort in.

Don't be persuaded to not revise if you hear 'I did no revision and got 11A*s' as most of the time that's a false statement!

Posted from TSR Mobile

that is true on some circumstances. but sometimes it does work! i think it depends.
Reply 44
I've only never revised for mocks, I'm too much of a worrier to not revise :tongue: The mocks that I didn't revise for went okay, but I'd much rather have them going well! :wink:
English Language and RE, RE I got an A. English A*

(keep in mind, those are what I find easiest. If I was to do no revision for Maths I'd probably get a C or B :/ )
(edited 10 years ago)
i think it also depends on the grade boundaries, because i think in one of my exams (cnt remeber which one) if you got 3 raw marks wrong you could still get full UMS marks.
Reply 47
I don't think I've have ever really revised for an exam. I got mostly B's/C's in GCSE which I'd say is ok.
Original post by Ferrari Lexus
wow how dya manage that? did you used to listen in class?

I guess I must have absorbed something from class, but it was SO boring I used to shut off most of the time. The exam was fairly easy though, a lot of it is putting your own opinion about science across. But I was still shocked to get a B, I nearly fell asleep in the exam!
Original post by Where'sPerry?
I guess I must have absorbed something from class, but it was SO boring I used to shut off most of the time. The exam was fairly easy though, a lot of it is putting your own opinion about science across. But I was still shocked to get a B, I nearly fell asleep in the exam!

lol! it was like that with me in chem today, i almost fell asleep and i was the only one in the room (i was away from others because we didnt have enough space in the hall or something at the last minute so they decided to send me to another room as they thought i was sensible enough not to cheat! :biggrin:) and the invigie comes up to me and asks if im ok.
Reply 50
I didn't revise for GCSE I.T. got an A* woooo. But, when they ask you questions like "label the components of a PC" and how to use Microsoft Excel its a bit of a joke. But, for most other things where I don't revise and genuinely don't have a clue I tend to fail/do miserable. So, not revising on purpose is a retarded thing to do for exams that matter.
In year 11 during my GCSEs, I didn't revise for two RS exams and got an A and A* respectively.

This is after revising properly for the other two RS exams in year 10..in which I got B's in both.

Says it all really? Bare in mind that this is RS though..
I didn't revise for a couple of GCSEs as they were mainly coursework based and the written exam was only worth about 15%.
When you say 'didn't revise', do you literally mean none at all? Because I can't believe that. I mean, I've done very little; like 2 hours the morning of the exam, but I've never done NOTHING. I can't believe that people have ever done absolutely no revision at all, even if it is only an hour of pre-exam cram.
Original post by Olympiad
Didn't revise for my GCSE exams, I shall find out how I did in August :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

good luck
ur REALLY gonna need it....:colone:
Reply 55

Posted from TSR Mobile

K then
I didn't revise for my GCSE RE exam, but only because I answered the questions on my own religion (got an A*)... Oh and for my General Studies exams (got 90%+ in all the modules I've sat so far).
But obviously, most of the time, not revising isn't a great idea, especially at A-Level (with non-General Studies exams!). I know this one guy who sat his first A-levels in January, claiming to have a photographic memory, didn't revise and ended up with all Us :s-smilie:
Reply 57
Did no revision and work for NASA with part time job at JP Morgan checking in
Reply 58
Hell, thy name is "Critical Thinking" exam.

Requires no actual critical thinking of course; when I didn't actually revise I got an A. When I did before, I got a D.
Reply 59

Posted from TSR Mobile

This. Not too badly though, I suspect.

Quick Reply

Latest