The Student Room Group

Speech and Language Therapy Undergraduate Entry 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Meriem27
I had it on the 7th too, and still haven't heard anything. Hopefully we should get a reply this week or the next. I haven't had any offers yet either, I am still waiting for all my choices. The wait is starting to get to me! I think they had two interview dates after us so they might have a lot to get through. Fingers crossed we hear some good news soon!

i had my interview on the 14th, no reply yet either.
they mentioned that there were interviews during the half term so i'm guessing they have loads to get through!

bcu is the only uni i want to go to so i'm a bit nervous :frown:
Reply 1781
Just had a rejection from East Anglia, can't say I'm surprised because I couldn't attend the interview! Just would have been nice to have an offer before another rejection... oh well still have 3 chances!
Reply 1782
Original post by brucelee01
i had my interview on the 14th, no reply yet either.
they mentioned that there were interviews during the half term so i'm guessing they have loads to get through!

bcu is the only uni i want to go to so i'm a bit nervous :frown:

I hope you get an offer soon, try and be positive and hopefully no news is good news. I'm feeling quite anxious too, I would like at least one offer by the end of this month, but I might be waiting longer. I also really like the course outline of bcu so if i get an offer ill definitely be accepting if not as my firm then my insurance.

fingers crossed we hear some good news :smile:
Reply 1783
Original post by KatB17
Just had a rejection from East Anglia, can't say I'm surprised because I couldn't attend the interview! Just would have been nice to have an offer before another rejection... oh well still have 3 chances!

I'm sorry to hear that, I guess its because you couldn't attend their interview. It probably just wasn't meant to be. Keep your chin up! Hopefully you'll get your next 3 offers soon.
Reply 1784
Original post by saraw26
Yeah, they are general ones sadly. I am actually going to that open day with my boyfriend for his open day there though, so will be able to look around the accommodation again :smile:

Hopefully DMU will have got back to me before the 8th of March though :tongue:

you and me both!
Reply 1785
Original post by Anna#
I'm predicted AAB (risky A in Biology though!) and the offer is BBB :smile:

I went to the faculty open day last Wednesday (19th) and really liked it there so it really does take the pressure off a little. Do you have other offers? And will DMU be your firm or insurance?

nope not yet, and it will be my insurance if I get an offer from UEA, if not I think I'll make it my firm. it's nice to know there's something good but with lower grades to fall back on, A levels are so flipping hard!
Reply 1786
Original post by KatB17

Sorry to hear that, who else are you waiting for?
Original post by KatB17

Sorry to hear this - at the end of the day I guess we only need one offer and in 3/4 years time all this nail biting stuff will be a distant memory. Replaced by a different kind of nail biting stuff while we wait for our results and go for jobs etc, but you know what I mean!

Sending good luck vibes by the lorry load x
Reply 1788
Original post by Meriem27
I'm sorry to hear that, I guess its because you couldn't attend their interview. It probably just wasn't meant to be. Keep your chin up! Hopefully you'll get your next 3 offers soon.

Original post by Becsandbiscuit
Sorry to hear this - at the end of the day I guess we only need one offer and in 3/4 years time all this nail biting stuff will be a distant memory. Replaced by a different kind of nail biting stuff while we wait for our results and go for jobs etc, but you know what I mean!

Sending good luck vibes by the lorry load x

Original post by Ems95
Sorry to hear that, who else are you waiting for?

Thank you to all of you! Still waiting for Sheffield, Newcastle and De Montfort (i know I'm not the only one - Hopefully they'll put us all out of our misery soon!)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1789
Original post by KatB17
Thank you to all of you! Still waiting for Sheffield, Newcastle and De Montfort (i know I'm not the only one - Hopefully they'll put us all out of our misery soon!)

Sheffield and DMU are certainly putting us through the mill:frown:
Reply 1790
It has been a crazy week for me! Offer on Monday from DMU, Tuesday an offer from Leeds met and today an interview for Sheffield! Its so exciting to see all of the offers on the table and congrats to all who have them! And a huge GOOD LUCK to those still waiting!!!
Original post by 95mel
It has been a crazy week for me! Offer on Monday from DMU, Tuesday an offer from Leeds met and today an interview for Sheffield! Its so exciting to see all of the offers on the table and congrats to all who have them! And a huge GOOD LUCK to those still waiting!!!

Wow well done you! An interview at Sheffield = that's the one uni I have heard nothing from since applying.
Reply 1792
Original post by 95mel

Its certainly been been your week, well done!

Original post by AmyPilot
Wow well done you! An interview at Sheffield = that's the one uni I have heard nothing from since applying.

They don't deserve you, come to MMU with me:biggrin:
Original post by Ems95

They don't deserve you, come to MMU with me:biggrin:

I will be there - well psychology grades permitting!!
how did all the interviews go this week?
Reply 1795
Original post by AmyPilot
I will be there - well psychology grades permitting!!

Yeah, me to - trying to stay positive though, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, or something like that:biggrin:
Original post by LauraJaneG
I went to Leeds 5th of Feb too and still haven't heard anything. I hate waiting so much! Whenever I check my emails I get so nervous haha. Hopefully we'll both hear from them soon :smile: xx

Ahhhh, good to know I am not alone in my waiting. I don't mind if it's a no, it's just waiting so long for a no is driving me INSANE!!!

Original post by Ems95
I think if it was me I'd wait, at least for another week.

Ahhh, perhaps, they are only 6 days over the 10 days after all, perhaps on Tuesday I will call, then it's a day short of 4 weeks since the interview and that really is a long time. Lets hope it doesn't come to that. Tough one to call though, don't want to seem impatient, but also don't want them to think I'm not all that bothered about it.

Original post by judith-l
Is anyone who has an offer from Reading for the language sciences and psychology course thinking of taking it on?

I think some people had said no because it doesn't qualify you, same with the human communication at Sheffield - but do they give you the option if you perform well in your first year to change onto the SLT course? Some courses you can do that with and then you already have a foot in the door. Alternatively, you could do that one and then do the 2 year MA afterwards and still come out qualified.

Couldn't get my head around how a course most done in 4 years is done in two,the lady said that with London City you have about 3 weeks where you learn everything you would learn in the first year on a mega-intense basis, then your first full year is done with the BSc second years, and then after that I can't remember. Anyways, the lady said it's really intense, but the content is the same as the BSc, the difference is the intensity and the pass mark - you have to get 50% and above for the MA rather than 40% and abot for the BSc to get passes.

Then you'd do 5 years instead of 4 and come out with both a degree and masters - hooray! I think there are generally more funded places for the MA too, since it's an accelerated program it menas the NHS get more people quicker and for less moola!
Original post by LauraJaneG
I went to Leeds 5th of Feb too and still haven't heard anything. I hate waiting so much! Whenever I check my emails I get so nervous haha. Hopefully we'll both hear from them soon :smile: xx

Ahhhh, good to know I am not alone in my waiting. I don't mind if it's a no, it's just waiting so long for a no is driving me INSANE!!!

Original post by Ems95
I think if it was me I'd wait, at least for another week.

Ahhh, perhaps, they are only 6 days over the 10 days after all, perhaps on Tuesday I will call, then it's a day short of 4 weeks since the interview and that really is a long time. Lets hope it doesn't come to that. Tough one to call though, don't want to seem impatient, but also don't want them to think I'm not all that bothered about it.

Original post by judith-l
Is anyone who has an offer from Reading for the language sciences and psychology course thinking of taking it on?

I think some people had said no because it doesn't qualify you, same with the human communication at Sheffield - but do they give you the option if you perform well in your first year to change onto the SLT course? Some courses you can do that with and then you already have a foot in the door. Alternatively, you could do that one and then do the 2 year MA afterwards and still come out qualified.

Couldn't get my head around how a course most done in 4 years is done in two,the lady said that with London City you have about 3 weeks where you learn everything you would learn in the first year on a mega-intense basis, then your first full year is done with the BSc second years, and then after that I can't remember. Anyways, the lady said it's really intense, but the content is the same as the BSc, the difference is the intensity and the pass mark - you have to get 50% and above for the MA rather than 40% and about for the BSc to get passes.

Then you'd do 5 years instead of 4 and come out with both a degree and masters - hooray! I think there are generally more funded places for the MA too, since it's an accelerated program it means the NHS get more people quicker and for less moola!
Original post by KatB17

Ahhhh, you most def do still have another 3 chances, and you only need one offer - everything crossed the next update is a good news one - c'mon university folk.....a big fat yes this lady's way please!!!!!!

Original post by 95mel

Wowsers, this is a good news week and a half for you - amazing!!! Well done on both your offers, and a sneaky interview from Sheffield too - I thought they were done interviewing, when's it for? VERY VERY VERY BEST OF LUCK for that one :biggrin:
Today I got my first rejection from London City - I'm not too worried, the application was a bold move, I was borderline with their entrance requirements. I didn't really fancy living in London (waaaaay too expensive) and commuting from here is a nightmare, so it's ok.

It's not even one I'd given much thought to, so I'm completely fine with it - it was just there as a choice because I wanted to make use of all five. My other fifth choice would've been QMU but I couldn't take my car :eek:

Only 4 options left now......on the plus side, it's one less university I have to wait for :rolleyes: !!

Quick Reply

Latest