The Student Room Group

What to say if you're offered drugs?i

I think my friends are getting into 'weed' and I'm worried that they'll pressure me to have it. I don't want to have any weeds, so what type of responses can I give that would put them off ever asking? I feel like 'No' just won't cut it. I don't want to lose them as friends, but, I don't want want drugs, so there must be some sort of answer I can give?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

Should do it.
Reply 2
Original post by Venturian tale !
I think my friends are getting into 'weed' and I'm worried that they'll pressure me to have it. I don't want to have any weeds, so what type of responses can I give that would put them off ever asking? I feel like 'No' just won't cut it. I don't want to lose them as friends, but, I don't want want drugs, so there must be some sort of answer I can give?

Well they wouldn't be good friends now would they, if they pressured you into doing something you don't want to do. Personally I'd tell them to **** off.
Reply 3
No. If they don't accept "no" for an answer and don't respect your choices, they're idiots.
You post so many threads. :nothing:

Um..how about:
"I'm fine with you lot having weed, but I don't really feel like it, so no."
If they get angry/insist/pressurise you, they're not friends. Simple.
Reply 5

Thanks mate, ill pay you back.

PS this is the second thread ive seen you make about exactly this question, stop being so uptight, just say no if you dont want to and stop being such a crybaby. In neither of your threads have you made it sound like they are in any way pressuring you, you just come across as a judgmental douche who goes behind their friends back to say bad things about them
(edited 10 years ago)
I can half see your points, but, how does a friend getting angry with one of your choices make them less of a friend?
Reply 7
'No' probably should cut it. It depends on how you say it. If you clamp your hands over your ears and repeat it loudly until they go away then you're going to look weird. Just try and move the conversation on.
I can half see your points, but, how does a friend getting angry with one of your choices make them less of a friend?

They are trying to persuade you to do something very self destructive and stupid!
Reply 9
i dont like the smell/taste or it makes me feel a bit sick
then its not ur fault u dont want it - i said this to ciggerates

or say its too expensive
Reply 10

Assuming you are not a troll:

Just say no. They can't force you, what are they going to do, hold you down?

My friends from school smoked weed, then moved onto LSD, speed, mdma.

I smoked weed a few times but I wasn't really a fan and I never bothered with any of the other stuff. If they ever asked me if I wanted anything I said 'No thanks' and that was that...

If they shun you for not joining in with the correct substance abuse, I wouldn't be upset - other than for the time I'd wasted getting to know such idiots in the first place. They aren't really friends.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Try "No thx man, I don't feel like it." Usually works for me. Not that I always say no when offered weed. ^^
Just say no... Simple as that. I'm sure they won't pressure you into trying it. If anything it's better for them if you don't because they get more of it to themselves. Anyway, chances are you'll be curious about it at some point in your life. There's not many people I know my age who have never tried smoking weed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13

Because they don't respect your opinion/decision and are trying to pressure you into doing something you don't want to do using your friendship as a bargaining tool?

I'd consider that a worthless friendship personally.
Okay, if they ask me, I'll just say 'no thanks'. They'll probably call me a boring old fart, but, I'll try not to care what they think if the occasion comes. I'm not a troll, it's common problem with people who are quite easily led.
loads of my friends smoke weed and they offer me some just to be polite, its very easy to just say thanks but no thanks
Reply 16
Just say no
Reply 17
Say you're allergic!

JK, say no!
There's no harm in trying once, but there's no harm in saying no either. Don't feel pressured by your mates just because it's 'cool'. Once you get older you will realize there's nothing cool about drugs after you see people you know throwing their lives away on them.
Reply 19
'Nah fam, mandem already banged a zoot dis mornin init'

Is that not an appropriate response? I don't speak the language of today's youth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending