The Student Room Group

Uni decision

Hi, I currently hold medicine offers from Nottingham and Lancaster, but am currently unsure about which to accept. Lancaster seems to be a nicer place, (I've visited both), but am becoming a bit disillusioned by medicine and Nottingham seems to have a lot more options for transferring. Any advice would be appreciated.
Most important than the university is the course. You say you're becoming disillusioned by medicine - in this case, would either university be right for you if you're ploughing ahead with a course you're not really set on doing?

If you feel as though you're going to end up transferring to another course, why not opt for that course in the first place?
Reply 2
Whatever Uni you eventually choose - defer and take a gap year.
Get a job in a care-home or a similar 'relevant' environment, and do some calm thinking.
Med is tough course and career. If you are not 150% committed then don't start it.

Many other courses/careers are possible - Pharmacology/Drug Discovery, Natural Sciences, Neuroscience, Cancer Biology etc etc. Or something totally different - Law as just one example.
Reply 3
Thing is I have taken a gap year to reapply for med and now am hesitant about it as i finally got real experience in a hospital. Ik its indecisive of me but I’ve unfortunately struggled with a lot of mental health issues over the last year thats not made anything that desirable to do.

Original post by McGinger
Whatever Uni you eventually choose - defer and take a gap year.
Get a job in a care-home or a similar 'relevant' environment, and do some calm thinking.
Med is tough course and career. If you are not 150% committed then don't start it.

Many other courses/careers are possible - Pharmacology/Drug Discovery, Natural Sciences, Neuroscience, Cancer Biology etc etc. Or something totally different - Law as just one example.
Reply 4
I agree with everything above. If you are wavering about medicine but want to start anyway, go to Nottingham if it offers more flexibility to change.
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending