The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Aerospace Engineering at Leeds

How is Aerospace Engineering at Leeds ? How is the study load, social life, are students friendly ?

Can teachers be approached at ease ? Are tutors helpful ? I looked at Unistats , its tells a great thing about it being the best in UK for student satisfaction, but its graduate employment rate is a concern.

I have applied at Leeds,Swansea, Hertfordshire, Loughborough, Sheffield, Surrey and Brunel. Comparing the aerospace degree between them Loughborough seems to have the best graduate employment rate, 2nd comes surprisingly Hertfordshire, not sure why it should be Sheffield right?

Anyway I do need help deciding between these universities for Aerospace Engineering course (haven't yet decided between BEng or MEng). Will that make a difference ? Does uni matters when it comes to job ? Or result is what employers look ?

Thanks in advance.
I do mechanical, and all the first and second year modules are the same. Some crossover in third year too.

Study load isn't too bad as long as you don't leave things til the last minute. Also deadlines have a tendency to be clustered in the final few weeks, although they do try quite hard to alleviate it.

Social life is great. Pubs, clubs and bars everywhere. The students union is also one of the best in the country, so there's a lot going on society wise too.

I can't say for employment as I'm not an employer. But Leeds is Russell group and works in close collaboration with some companies (National Instruments is a big one that comes to mind), however I'm not too sure on the aero side of things.
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Quick Reply

Latest