The Student Room Group

Is it possible to go from achieving D's and E's to achieving A's and B's by June 2024

Hi guys,

Right now my predicted grades are C's and D's. Do you think that if I put the work in throughout year 13 all the way to June 2024 (my a levels) I would be able to achieve ABB as a minimum?????

Much appreciated guys
Reply 1
Yes, for sure.

As long as you are being honest with yourself in the sense that you know you are truly doing everything you can, I believe you will reach your goals.
As a minimum, 1 hour a day per subject (not including lesson time).
If a social life is a distraction, just know that everything seems to die down in second year as people begin to realise the importance of exams but also order your priorities.

You will regret not studying but you will never regret studying :smile:
Reply 2
Hey, thank you so much for your reply.

Honestly right now I'd say I'm pushing at around 3 hours a day of revision trying to prepare myself as much as possible for when I enter year 13 to make an impact to everybody who thinks I can't make this jump. I aspire to study Dentistry one day and I am willing to do anything it takes to get there.

Yeah, honestly for me in year 12 social life was a huge distraction. The social life, the drama that comes with sixth form, just everything. That's why I'm gonna keep myself to myself when I go back and just focus on my exams.

Overall, thank you so much your reply has motivated me even more. I have so many people doubting me right now and having some support from someone means a lot.
It definitely depends on the subjects as, for instance, in some colleges they teach the further maths students all of maths in a year and all of f-maths in the second year. This shows that it is possible to study whole a-levels in a year especially if you put your mind to it.

I promise you that if you truly dedicate your time to studying (3 hours a day at least) you will most definitely improve grades. Going up 2 grades is a very big push so you will need to push hard (especially if you are in a memory based subject). It is no doubt possible though so try as hard as you can :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Can'tDecideAName
It definitely depends on the subjects as, for instance, in some colleges they teach the further maths students all of maths in a year and all of f-maths in the second year. This shows that it is possible to study whole a-levels in a year especially if you put your mind to it.

I promise you that if you truly dedicate your time to studying (3 hours a day at least) you will most definitely improve grades. Going up 2 grades is a very big push so you will need to push hard (especially if you are in a memory based subject). It is no doubt possible though so try as hard as you can :smile:

Thank you for the advice, I am trying hard right now but honestly sometimes i just get doubt in my head like 'What if I can't achieve these grades'. Getting these grades, (ABB as a minimum) means everything to me. To not to be able to get it is somewhat of a nightmare.

I study Biology, Chemistry and Psychology btw
Original post by unknown_1219
Thank you for the advice, I am trying hard right now but honestly sometimes i just get doubt in my head like 'What if I can't achieve these grades'. Getting these grades, (ABB as a minimum) means everything to me. To not to be able to get it is somewhat of a nightmare.

I study Biology, Chemistry and Psychology btw

Bit late of a response, I assure you that with enough effort Bio and Chem can be achieved to whatever standard you want as they mainly rely on memorising basic logical steps and abstracting questions down to these basic things. I wouldn't know personally about psychology but I'm sure it would be similar with hard work :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Can'tDecideAName
Bit late of a response, I assure you that with enough effort Bio and Chem can be achieved to whatever standard you want as they mainly rely on memorising basic logical steps and abstracting questions down to these basic things. I wouldn't know personally about psychology but I'm sure it would be similar with hard work :smile:

Cheers, I really appreciate the advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest