The Student Room Group

Biochemistry 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Thomas Att
Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends, if you go through enough maths examples before the exam you should be ok.
However, I don't know about your exam board but there's a 2 and a half hour memory exam at the the end. The topics are more interesting, but in a format like that, is it worth it?

what exam board are you doing?
Reply 41
Original post by whoami?!
what exam board are you doing?

Not sure the exact name but I think it was a Welsh board called WJEC. Which one are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43

Try to make it a bit more general and apply what you have done in preparation for uni to both sciences.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Not sure the exact name but I think it was a Welsh board called WJEC. Which one are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edexcel!
Reply 45
Original post by whoami?!
Edexcel!

Oh well. I doubt there's much differences but you should look into how they examine you on it, especially since there's no January exams this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
I hope results went well for everybody last Thursday!
Only 11 or so days until we can send off our applications...I don't think about these things obviously :P
snip
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by zef1995
I hope results went well for everybody last Thursday!
Only 11 or so days until we can send off our applications...I don't think about these things obviously :P

I got 4As, I was so excited! Can't wait to start the application process. What unis are you thinking of?
Reply 49
Original post by joansmiles
I got 4As, I was so excited! Can't wait to start the application process. What unis are you thinking of?

Congratulations, 4 A's is brilliant! All of the hard work paid off it appears :smile: What subjects did you sit for if you don't mind me asking? Me neither, such exciting times!
I am thinking of applying to Bath, York, Bristol, Birmingham and Exeter. How about you?
Reply 50
Original post by zef1995
Congratulations, 4 A's is brilliant! All of the hard work paid off it appears :smile: What subjects did you sit for if you don't mind me asking? Me neither, such exciting times!
I am thinking of applying to Bath, York, Bristol, Birmingham and Exeter. How about you?

I sat Edexcel maths, AQA biology, OCR chemistry and AQA psychology.
I'm think of applying to the same unis as you but Sheffield instead of Birmingham.
Reply 51
I sat Edexcel maths, AQA biology, OCR chemistry and AQA psychology.
I'm think of applying to the same unis as you but Sheffield instead of Birmingham.

Ah okay then, did you enjoy those subjects last year? I also did Edexcel maths and OCR chemistry :smile:
That sounds great! I've heard a lot of good things about Sheffield also, looks like a great uni :smile: which uni is your top choice at the moment, if you have a top choice?
Reply 52
Original post by zef1995
Ah okay then, did you enjoy those subjects last year? I also did Edexcel maths and OCR chemistry :smile:
That sounds great! I've heard a lot of good things about Sheffield also, looks like a great uni :smile: which uni is your top choice at the moment, if you have a top choice?

Well biology was my least favourite subject because my teacher was terrible but I really enjoyed all my other subjects. How did you find them?
Bristol is my first choice at the moment but that could always change, I'm going to York and Bath's open day next month. What uni is your first choice?
Reply 53
Well biology was my least favourite subject because my teacher was terrible but I really enjoyed all my other subjects. How did you find them?
Bristol is my first choice at the moment but that could always change, I'm going to York and Bath's open day next month. What uni is your first choice?

Ah okay, that's understandable...the teachers you have can really make a difference. I am glad that you enjoyed your other subjects though :smile: I found them okay thank you, there were times where I wasn't understanding the stuff but worked it all out in the end!
That's cool, Bristol looks like a great uni! I hope you enjoy their open days :smile: My top 2 unis are Bath and York, haven't decided between them yet xD
Reply 54
Hi guys are any of you applying to Oxford for Biochemistry?
Original post by hs10

me!!
Reply 56
Original post by sunnyyiu627
me!!
haha do you know much about the interviews? like what kind of questions etc.. ?
Reply 57
Original post by hs10

I am! Where else are you thinking of applying to?
Reply 58
erm Durham (biological sciences) Bristol nottingham bath probably you?
Reply 59
oh and can I ask what your UMS marks were like? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending