The Student Room Group

Biochemistry 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by hs10
erm Durham (biological sciences) Bristol nottingham bath probably you?

Manchester, Edinburgh, Liverpool, York.. Do you know anything about the interview??
Reply 61
Original post by hs10
oh and can I ask what your UMS marks were like? :smile:

UMS scores were all a bit more than about 250/300 fter AS.. you?
Reply 62
I may be applying for Medical Biochemistry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by Thomas Att
UMS scores were all a bit more than about 250/300 fter AS.. you?
oh okay :smile: yeah I'm just looking for information about the interview haha, I think you get 2 interviews 1 at your requested college and one at a different one. one will be largely chemistry based and the other biology based. I think it really depends what kind of questions you get asked it can range from stuff like why biochem at oxford to things such as what are telomeres.
I averaged about just over 260 I think :smile:
Reply 64
Help!
I'm in my AS year presently and have newly developed a strong interest in biochemistry and biomedical sciences, though at first I was looking to doing a straight Chemistry degree. The subjects which I am taking are Chemistry, Physics, Maths and FM. Will I be at a great disadvantage if I applied for biochemistry / biomedical sciences at university as I don't have biology (but considering that I might get good results butImight also drop FM after AS)? I'm very keen on furthering my studies to PhD level in immunology/biochemistry or something close to that. :frown:

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask such a question!)
snip
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by BWV1007
Help!
I'm in my AS year presently and have newly developed a strong interest in biochemistry and biomedical sciences, though at first I was looking to doing a straight Chemistry degree. The subjects which I am taking are Chemistry, Physics, Maths and FM. Will I be at a great disadvantage if I applied for biochemistry / biomedical sciences at university as I don't have biology (but considering that I might get good results butImight also drop FM after AS)? I'm very keen on furthering my studies to PhD level in immunology/biochemistry or something close to that. :frown:

(Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask such a question!)

Hi, I also have the same question as you!

I'm in Year 13, and also thought I wanted to apply for a straight chemistry degree, but have changed my mind, and have decided to apply for biochemistry at 2 universities.

I did Further Maths, Maths, Chemistry and Physics at AS, and I've dropped FM for A2.

For you, my advice would be to start reading over the basics of biology now, and perhaps even consider doing Biology AS in your 2nd year (grades permitting!).
Does anyone here takes IB and is writing a chemistry extended essay? do you think it is good to include this into the personal statement?

Reply 68
Original post by IBiskillingme
Does anyone here takes IB and is writing a chemistry extended essay? do you think it is good to include this into the personal statement?

Whatever you include in your personal statement, make sure it has a purpose, what do you get out of your extended essay?
Reply 69
Hey guys,

I am applying to do a Biochemistry course. So far my universities that I have chosen are Surrey, UCL, Kings College and Queen Mary. Any ideas of a prospective 5th university? BTW, what did all of you guys get in your AS?
Reply 70
Has anyone here applied for Biomedical science by any chance?
Hi everyone,
I've applied for biochem at York, Imperial, Sheffield and I already have an offer from Bath :smile: :smile: :smile: Anyone know how long any of these unis usually take to reply?
Reply 72
Original post by smile-sweetly
Hi everyone,
I've applied for biochem at York, Imperial, Sheffield and I already have an offer from Bath :smile: :smile: :smile: Anyone know how long any of these unis usually take to reply?

What did you get in AS?
Original post by Borair94
What did you get in AS?

4A'S in bio, chem, maths and psychology
what about you?
Reply 74
Original post by smile-sweetly
Hi everyone,

When did you send UCAS off? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! I got ABBCC in Biology, Maths, Chemistry, Arabic and Psychology
Original post by hs10
When did you send UCAS off? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some point last week I think
Reply 77
Anyone applying to Sheffield hallam, Manchester met, Leeds met, Oxford brookes or Westminster? :smile:
I'm applying to oxford and imperial
Hey! Delighted I've found this thread :biggrin:
I was about to make one myself. Anyway, I'm applying (or rather, I applied - sent off on Friday) for biochem at Nottingham, Sheffield, Cambridge (natsci), Manchester and UCL.
AS levels were biology, chemistry, maths and physics. I've dropped physics for A2 (thank God).

Just thought I'd introduce myself - I'm Will. :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending