The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
do you clean your ass before taking a dump or after ?
Original post by ShadowWolf21
Well, seeing as I brush my teeth before going to bed, I've satisfied my belief of reducing some bacteria before the morning. But throughout the day, there's always bacteria in your mouth, no matter what you do. So, I brush my teeth after eating any meal. Including breakfast. To do it before eating changes the taste of my food, which isn't preferable. But after eating, and I've brushed my teeth, I have a nice minty freshness.

I suppose everyone's different :smile:

Affer every meal? Aint nobody got time for dat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Well, seeing as I brush my teeth before going to bed, I've satisfied my belief of reducing some bacteria before the morning. But throughout the day, there's always bacteria in your mouth, no matter what you do. So, I brush my teeth after eating any meal. Including breakfast. To do it before eating changes the taste of my food, which isn't preferable. But after eating, and I've brushed my teeth, I have a nice minty freshness.

I pretty much do this too :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Depends on how long the queue for the toilet is lol. Cuz I am lazy, its usually after I eat. otherwise orange juice will no longer taste like orange juice. Try it out i dare you.
Original post by Secretnerd123
Im before and i was suprised to find that many of my friends do it after breakfast. Why would you want to have breakfast with all that bacteria still in your mouth?
Thats just my opinion though! If you do it after please dont be offended

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your meant todo it after breakfast I mean the bacteria is in your mouth anyway if it were going to affect taste drastically or make you I'll it already would have. The bacteria is only part of the issue (I was given a long lecture about this by my dentist a few years back) but basically the main damage to teeth is done by acids, as the PH in your mouth naturally lowers when you eat. Brushing your teeth after (guess what? Toothpaste is a base for a reason) should neutralise most of the harmful acid in your mouth swell as clean away plaque etc etc
And at post above oh god orange juice after brushing your teeth is sickingly disgusting :tongue: just yuck lol :tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Your avatar used to be my signature.

Well, I don't really have breakfast.

I get up at 6.30am, brush my teeth and go to work for 8am and then I don't eat until 11am/12pm.

So it'd be a bit strange for me to be awake for 5 hours without brushing my teeth. :zomg:
Best analogy of the day :rofl:

Yeah I brush mine after breakfast - when I get up I've only got around 10 minutes before I'm downstairs eating anyway.. so why would I bother making my teeth clean for such a short period of time when you're not even meeting and talking to people :lolwut:
Reply 27
Original post by Stevo F
It's just natural bacteria you have in your mouth anyway, you brush your teeth before lunch and before dinner as well then? :rolleyes:

Leaving it overnight is longer than between meals. For me it's just good hygiene practice. I chew gum a couple times a day to keep clean between brushes.

Each to their own I suppose.

So you take your toothbrush to school/uni/work? :erm:
Before breakfast. I mean yeah sure orange juice taste disgusting, but I just cannot eat anything without having brushed my teeth first.
I brush my teeth after breakfast, I can't eat after cleaning my teeth as everything still tastes minty..
Original post by Architecture-er
So you take your toothbrush to school/uni/work? :erm:

I only really eat breakfast and dinner, so no I don't take a toothbrush to work or college (nor will I to uni either, I expect), but I used to, yes. It may be weird to other people, but my teeth are great, so I'm not complaining. I've never needed any fillings or any dental work except to have braces way back when.

I've gotten out of the habit of brushing after snacks. It's generally big meals I brush after. It was an old habit, and they die hard.
(edited 10 years ago)
I've never understood why people do it before, surely you will just have to go and do it again afterwards?
Original post by James A
Exactly, it just doesn't make sense.

I agree. It really does baffle me that people brush before they eat breakfast and when I tell people I brush afterwards they look at me in disbelief like what I've said isn't logical at all. Each to their own I guess. :dontknow:
I only really eat breakfast and dinner, so no I don't take a toothbrush to work or college (nor will I to uni either, I expect), but I used to, yes. It may be weird to other people, but my teeth are great, so I'm not complaining. I've never needed any fillings or any dental work except to have braces way back when.

I've gotten out of the habit of brushing after snacks. It's generally big meals I brush after. It was an old habit, and they die hard.

Mm, how did such a rigourous routine come about then? Were your parents dentists or something?
Reply 35
after obviously.
what's the point of brushing them before (without brushing them afterwards)?
Before. I don't even go downstairs until I'm fully dressed and groomed for the day. It's more efficient for me personally.
After.
Reply 38
Brush teeth
Have a shower
Eat
Then brush teeth again

It has to be done that way now :tongue: Confused the hell out of my partner when I first stayed at his place...:colondollar:
Reply 39
After, otherwise all my cereals tastes minty.

Latest