The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Part time jobs

Hi guys,

I was just wondering how easy it is to get a part time job in Aberdeen?

Looking at my figures ( I picked quite an expensive halls) it seems like I won't have much money and it would be best if I got a part time job when I got to uni.

I had been looking for some work here at home before I left to increase my bank balance but no luck. Everywhere is dead and no major brands names are recruiting in the nearest 25 miles ish.

All the shopping areas looked busy when I visited. I know the area is wealthy with the oil nearby but are there many jobs?

Thanks in advance.
If you go into the infoHub, they'll help search for jobs for you :smile:. They're very helpful like that.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by elitepower
-

As a heavily student populated city with lots of bars, pubs, clubs etc, there's always part-time work popping up.
People graduate and move on, and when they do, they need new students to take their place.
Reply 3
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
If you go into the infoHub, they'll help search for jobs for you :smile:. They're very helpful like that.

Original post by 69Crazyfists
As a heavily student populated city with lots of bars, pubs, clubs etc, there's always part-time work popping up.
People graduate and move on, and when they do, they need new students to take their place.

Thanks for the replies guys!

So do you think I will be able to find one pretty soon? Is there much competition between students for jobs? What happens during holidays?
Thanks for the replies guys!

So do you think I will be able to find one pretty soon? Is there much competition between students for jobs? What happens during holidays?

Yeah, I reckon you should be able to if you're a bit persistent. A club called The Pearl Lounge is advertising for staff atm.
For holidays, it depends what type of job you have. If you just have a normal one, they'd probably expect you to work holidays unless you can get transferred to a branch back home.
Reply 5
Yeah, I reckon you should be able to if you're a bit persistent. A club called The Pearl Lounge is advertising for staff atm.
For holidays, it depends what type of job you have. If you just have a normal one, they'd probably expect you to work holidays unless you can get transferred to a branch back home.

How many hours a week would you recommend?
How many hours a week would you recommend?

Definitely no more than 15! I'd aim for about 8-10.
Reply 7
Definitely no more than 15! I'd aim for about 8-10.

Thanks for all your help. I don't suppose you could recommend any businesses that recruit a lot of students?
Thanks for all your help. I don't suppose you could recommend any businesses that recruit a lot of students?

Just aim for cafes, pubs, restaurants and clubs.
Reply 9
Since coming to uni I've worked for an event stewarding company called SecuriGroup, It's pretty good, I get to work at football matches and events, then during summer there is alot more work that comes up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending