The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Part Time Jobs in Sheffield

Hello I have decided to study in Sheffield Hallam University for Jan 2024 intake. I'm an international student. From what I have heard and read on the internet about Sheffield, I'm already in love with the city!
But I'm kind of worried that getting part time jobs in Sheffield would be a problem as someone told me there aren't enough jobs.
Can anyone tell me what kind of part time jobs are available in Sheffield and in which area we can get them?
Also if they're readily available or students have to look for them in another cities?
Original post by Foramzzz
Hello I have decided to study in Sheffield Hallam University for Jan 2024 intake. I'm an international student. From what I have heard and read on the internet about Sheffield, I'm already in love with the city!
But I'm kind of worried that getting part time jobs in Sheffield would be a problem as someone told me there aren't enough jobs.
Can anyone tell me what kind of part time jobs are available in Sheffield and in which area we can get them?
Also if they're readily available or students have to look for them in another cities?

Hey there @Foramzzz !

There are plenty of jobs available in Sheffield for all sorts of sectors. If you'd like to work in retail then have a look at jobs in the city centre or at Meadowhall shopping centre. If you apply for a Zoom card you can get tram and bus travel for 80p which helps when getting to Meadowhall. There's also plenty of restaurants around the city centre to apply for. You could also get a job at the university. They're always looking for ambassadors and people to work open days. There's plenty of places that will take on students too. I've worked as a student ambassador for a year now and have also worked part-time as a bartender alongside that. My advice to you is to start looking on 'Indeed Jobs' for roles. When you start at Hallam you will also get access to Hallam's jobs platform 'Handshake'. This is a great way to find part-time and internship roles and update your CV as you go.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending