The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Sang the most powerful lyrics at church today and I can't get them out of head. :smile: Thought I might share them on here:
"Let the ruins come to life
In the beauty of Your Name
Rising up from the ashes
God forever You reign"
They're a great reminder that no matter the turmoil or troubles in life, God is victorious and is King of All. :h:
And so people keep asking about New Year's resolution and people have different things in mind.
After church service today i had to add these things to my list
1. Read my bible regularly
2. Pray regularly
3. Try to grow more spiritually

We can't really say we are happy where we are now. We have to keep striving to grow closer to God :biggrin:
Reply 1982
Hi guys, so here's a thing, one of our dogs is dying :frown: and with all that's happened this year, my mum already has borderline depression, so we've decided that when he passes away we will get a cat to take her mind off it. So we've been choosing a name and have narrowed it down to a final 4, and would love some opinions from people if you have minute :smile:
They are:

Mufasa
Yoda
Jabba
Neville

Thanks!
Original post by cant_think_of_name
Tentative, tentative yes from me. I'm literally just coming back to Christianity after going AWOL for a while spiritually, so I might not be able to give too much in terms of answering questions... not to mention that I will be living in America for the next 7 months so little chance until the summer I'm afraid. If you haven't done anything by then, and I'm still solid with my faith, then I'll get in contact. Hopefully you find someone better than me :wink:

Don't worry mate we'll probs spend more time getting to know each other than discussing religion XD

Shouldn't put yourself down :smile: its as much a learning experience for yourself too.
Original post by Diety
Hi guys, so here's a thing, one of our dogs is dying :frown: and with all that's happened this year, my mum already has borderline depression, so we've decided that when he passes away we will get a cat to take her mind off it. So we've been choosing a name and have narrowed it down to a final 4, and would love some opinions from people if you have minute :smile:
They are:

Mufasa
Yoda
Jabba
Neville

Thanks!

I love Neville the cat. But it depends on the cat...

:hugs: for your mum and for you. Praying for things.
Original post by Diety
They are:

Mufasa
Yoda
Jabba
Neville

Thanks!

Praying for you all :frown: My vote is for Yoda :awesome:
Original post by Diety
They are:

Mufasa
Yoda
Jabba
Neville

Thanks!

Praying for you
:hugs:

I also vote Neville.
Reply 1987
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I love Neville the cat. But it depends on the cat...

:hugs: for your mum and for you. Praying for things.

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Praying for you all :frown: My vote is for Yoda :awesome:

Original post by Alice_95
Praying for you
:hugs:

I also vote Neville.

The cat will look something like this by the way, if that has any influence on the name, thanks for voting! :biggrin: and thanks very much for prayers :smile:

e.jpg
Reply 1988
Original post by Diety
The cat will look something like this by the way, if that has any influence on the name, thanks for voting! :biggrin: and thanks very much for prayers :smile:

e.jpg

Neville.

Fact.

:h:
Reply 1989
Original post by jemi38
Sang the most powerful lyrics at church today and I can't get them out of head. :smile: Thought I might share them on here:
"Let the ruins come to life
In the beauty of Your Name
Rising up from the ashes
God forever You reign"
They're a great reminder that no matter the turmoil or troubles in life, God is victorious and is King of All. :h:

Just want to share my understanding of the words:biggrin:

"Let the ruins come to life"
-no matter how sinful or broken you are, you will be brought to life as long as you believe

"In the beauty of Your name"
-Jesus is our saviour!

"Rising up from the ashes"
-relative to the first line, God will bring you up from the ruins, which are your past.

"God forever you reign"
-He is almighty and all powerful. Hebrews 1:3

This song speaks so much. As my mentor said, when you read a verse/passage from the bible, read with your heart :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1990
Original post by brent_
Just want to share my understanding of the words:biggrin:

"Let the ruins come to life"
-no matter how sinful or broken you are, you will be brought to life as long as you believe

"In the beauty of Your name"
-Jesus is our saviour!

"Rising up from the ashes"
-relative to the first line, God will bring you up from the ruins, which are your past.

"God forever you reign"
-He is almighty and all powerful. Hebrews 1:3

This song speaks so much. As my mentor said, when you read a verse/passage from the bible, read with your heart :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It does, and that's only half of the chorus! :biggrin: I love your perspective on the lyrics. It's so on point. I honestly believe that's exactly what God's trying to tell me at this point in my life. :smile:
Original post by Diety

e.jpg

Even stronger is my vote for Neville now.
Reply 1992
Original post by Diety
They are:

Mufasa
Yoda
Jabba
Neville

Thanks!

Sorry to hear that.

I vote Neville too :h:
Hmm, maybe I should change my vote to Neville too, just to be unanimous :ninja:
Who is going to be praying into the new year. I know i am:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ProNoob
Who is going to be praying into the new year. I know i am:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

We're contemplating going to Midnight Mass. Dunno if we'll actually go though :ninja:
Original post by Diety

e.jpg

Buy it a lion wig and call it Mufasa, then get it a sibling called Scar.
Original post by Joannywhite
I had to change my new year resolution after church service today :lol:

:rofl:

I saw the list you wrote below:biggrin:. I have also been trying to do that. I didn't realise how important reading the word was until I actually started to read it more often. You just come across passages which make you think "wooow" or which really empower you :dance:
Original post by Diety
Oh my goodness I completely forgot it was Sunday today! :eek: Feel really bad now...

haha oh no :eek:

at least there are plenty more Sundays :colone: lool
Reply 1999
Your love never fails, it never gives up, it never runs out on me...Your love! :parrot:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending