The Student Room Group

Wrong course year?

Kinda complicated problem, last year for some reason despite me calling to say SF had my fresher uni wrong (I was rejected by my first choice so went to second) after many attempts to resolve this as I got my maintenance loan but my uni were not getting the payments for fees, my uni fees office placed a transfer request to the uni I never requested to the fees. I got the details of payment dates from them in the post and everything was fine until I went to sign this year's declaration whereby it says I will still be in my first year, I tried changing online and could not, I tried ringing several times and SF say change online or check back in the future as we explore further options, I last did this three weeks ago and still nothing?!
Any advice?
Original post by Politicsftw
Kinda complicated problem, last year for some reason despite me calling to say SF had my fresher uni wrong (I was rejected by my first choice so went to second) after many attempts to resolve this as I got my maintenance loan but my uni were not getting the payments for fees, my uni fees office placed a transfer request to the uni I never requested to the fees. I got the details of payment dates from them in the post and everything was fine until I went to sign this year's declaration whereby it says I will still be in my first year, I tried changing online and could not, I tried ringing several times and SF say change online or check back in the future as we explore further options, I last did this three weeks ago and still nothing?!
Any advice?

The only thing about this that would mess up your funding is not signing the declaration on time. You can still sign it and your attendance can still be confirmed just fine if the course year is wrong.

When you make a change online it doesn't instantly amend the application, it gets sent back for re-assessment in case it changes your entitlement. (In this case it won't but the system doesn't know that, it puts it into the queue anyway.) It's quite normal for that queue to be three weeks long or more.
Reply 2
Original post by applicationa
The only thing about this that would mess up your funding is not signing the declaration on time. You can still sign it and your attendance can still be confirmed just fine if the course year is wrong.

When you make a change online it doesn't instantly amend the application, it gets sent back for re-assessment in case it changes your entitlement. (In this case it won't but the system doesn't know that, it puts it into the queue anyway.) It's quite normal for that queue to be three weeks long or more.

So send off the declaration? Thankyou will do that first thing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending