The Student Room Group

Ib student

Hello. Again, I apologize if I have posted in the wrong section. So i've read, on the NYU page, that one can send their IB scores and that would be enough for the application, and that standardized tests are not compulsory. I'm doing fairly well in the IB I think. My grades are currently:

Math SL: 7
Literature SL: 5
Swahili SL: 6
Chemistry HL: 7
Biology HL: 7
Economics HL: 7

I'm on a total of 39 points without bonus points. I also have a range of EC I take part in:
I'm founder of the badminton club, leader of MSMUN, attended a total of 7 MUN conferences national and international. i've chaired at a conference too! I am also the leader of two community and services. I also achieved the chemistry achievement award and biology effort award.

Can I get into NYU? Also, does Columbia - my dream school- care for IB scores as much as they do SAT/ ACT scores?

Thanks!
Original post by STUPIDIB
Hello. Again, I apologize if I have posted in the wrong section. So i've read, on the NYU page, that one can send their IB scores and that would be enough for the application, and that standardized tests are not compulsory. I'm doing fairly well in the IB I think. My grades are currently:

Math SL: 7
Literature SL: 5
Swahili SL: 6
Chemistry HL: 7
Biology HL: 7
Economics HL: 7

I'm on a total of 39 points without bonus points. I also have a range of EC I take part in:
I'm founder of the badminton club, leader of MSMUN, attended a total of 7 MUN conferences national and international. i've chaired at a conference too! I am also the leader of two community and services. I also achieved the chemistry achievement award and biology effort award.

Can I get into NYU? Also, does Columbia - my dream school- care for IB scores as much as they do SAT/ ACT scores?

Thanks!

Your best bet would to email them both. Universities here in the states love their standardised tests. It's quite annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! I got 39,too!
Chinese7 math5 english7 geography7 business6 biology7!
I think you need sat or act score~ having them is safer for you to get your dream school! Good luck! ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Oh, but it says for NYU on the page you can either send an ACT/SAT score or IB score on its own :smile: So with these scores, I was wondering if I had a chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending