The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medical school Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

same here! :frown:
Reply 1141
Original post by Rhilouisem
got a rejection yesterday!
top third for academics and Situational judgement, 2nd for UKCAT and bottom for non academic... which i just ksldhslklsdjsafhal yeah.
But oh well, it makes deciding on an insurance much easier!
good luck guys!!! :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, what was your UKCAT score?
I'm applying this year hopefully to Edinburgh and just reading how your tense the wait is makes me nervous! Good luck everyone! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nerd44
lol just kiddng but i'm pretty sure its 4th march every year

Posted from TSR Mobile

:tongue: I knew it! No twix for you :wink:

It must be pretty soon anyway as they are apparently nearly done!

Weird thinking my second ever email from Edinburgh will be the final decision o.O Leeds have sent about 20 :L
got a rejection yesterday!
top third for academics and Situational judgement, 2nd for UKCAT and bottom for non academic... which i just ksldhslklsdjsafhal yeah.
But oh well, it makes deciding on an insurance much easier!
good luck guys!!! :smile:

Dayum :frown: Weird that you were bottom for non-academic considering you got an offer from Leeds who are pretty PS heavy!!

If its not being too nosey could you tell us your UKCAT please??

Where you going for then? You gonna firm Leeds?
With the scoring for A levels whats the difference between getting 4 and getting 5, do you need an A* prediction to get 5?
Original post by rainerised
With the scoring for A levels whats the difference between getting 4 and getting 5, do you need an A* prediction to get 5?

To get 5, you need at least A*AAa
Original post by Asklepios
To get 5, you need at least A*AAa

Ok thanks :smile:
Original post by Dr. Django
Dayum :frown: Weird that you were bottom for non-academic considering you got an offer from Leeds who are pretty PS heavy!!

If its not being too nosey could you tell us your UKCAT please??

Where you going for then? You gonna firm Leeds?

My UKCAT was 720 and my situational judgement was band 1 :smile: I'm going to firm Birmingham and have Leeds as an insurance, though I'm not sure what my offer is from Leeds yet! :smile:
Original post by ftb186
If you don't mind me asking, what was your UKCAT score?

UKCAT was 720 :smile: situational judgement was band 1 :smile:
Academics;
GCSE-12A* 1A
As- 4As
Predicted grades: 4A*s
My UKCAT was 720 and my situational judgement was band 1 :smile: I'm going to firm Birmingham and have Leeds as an insurance, though I'm not sure what my offer is from Leeds yet! :smile:

Thanks!!! Final question (bit cheeky :tongue:), what was your PS band for Leeds?

Nice, both great choices! I'm not sure what I'd do if I got multiple offers, itd be so hard to decide!! I dont think anyone has received the grade requirements yet, i guess we'll hear soon enough!
Thanks!!! Final question (bit cheeky :tongue:), what was your PS band for Leeds?

Nice, both great choices! I'm not sure what I'd do if I got multiple offers, itd be so hard to decide!! I dont think anyone has received the grade requirements yet, i guess we'll hear soon enough!

The wait for Leeds is killing me! My ps decile was 2 :smile:
It's kind of easier not getting an offer from Edinburgh, because it wouldn't have changed all my decisions so far :') and it's a 10 hour drive away... Haha
The wait for Leeds is killing me! My ps decile was 2 :smile:
It's kind of easier not getting an offer from Edinburgh, because it wouldn't have changed all my decisions so far :') and it's a 10 hour drive away... Haha

I think it'll 'just' be AAA mate! **** that's what mine was :s-smilie: WHAT ON EARTH DO EDINBURGH WANT ??!?!!!

Fair enough then, seems like youre all sorted!! Its 9 hours from me so a tad closer :wink:
Original post by eissem
I love how this thread gets steadily more and more like being in the mob.

All these professionals with 'inside guys' :eek:
Reply 1154
birminghams sooo good wish i grt an offer for birmingham next year when i apply

Posted from TSR Mobile
But Edinburgh may be looking for different things in the ps, I think they're quite sports and music orientated... Maybe? I don't know...
And yeah... Just'AAA' is still lower than bham though so... :') haha
Oh yeah, 9 hours is a fine distance :P where do you live then?
I think it'll 'just' be AAA mate! **** that's what mine was :s-smilie: WHAT ON EARTH DO EDINBURGH WANT ??!?!!!

Fair enough then, seems like youre all sorted!! Its 9 hours from me so a tad closer :wink:

But Edinburgh may be looking for different things in the ps, I think they're quite sports and music orientated... Maybe? I don't know...

Yeah I guess :/ I have a few sports things but nothing musical...it just shows that theres no such thing as a 'perfect' PS: each uni wants different things!

I dont envy the A* I gotta tell ya :tongue:!

In kent :smile:! Just looked and its more like 8 hours :/ Im an exagerator
Yeah I guess :/ I have a few sports things but nothing musical...it just shows that theres no such thing as a 'perfect' PS: each uni wants different things!

I dont envy the A* I gotta tell ya :tongue:!

In kent :smile:! Just looked and its more like 8 hours :/ Im an exagerator

I have loads of music&no sports - we should combine our PS's :wink:
Reply 1159
What are the chances of an offer with UKCAT in quartile 3?... Starting to prepare for rejection...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending