The Student Room Group

Average sexual partners for a 21 year old Male?

Hi, Im currently in my second year at university and going in to my 3rd in September. Im 21 and have only slept with 2 girls so far, however i have had plenty of opportunities in the past (I.e College, Lads Holidays etc) but have just seemed to let these slip by due to low self esteem, being my height(Im 5'5). Im 21 and have been told by quite a few girls that im quite a good looking lad and they often ask the question why i havent got a girlfriend and also my lad mates say i should be more of a 'player'. My number has not really bothered me until now, i just feel while my other mates are out 'messing about' im falling behind and possibly missing out on 'having fun' while im still young and have the chance. Im however more than ever determined to change this now and not give a **** attitude heading into my final year.
Im Just wondering what other lads numbers are like around my age?
Reply 1
A lot of the lads I know are around the same figure, in fact I know at least 3 guys all between ages 21 and 24 who are virgins. So tbh 2 girls seems normal to me. Most of my guy pals have been with between 1 to 3 girls and are the same age as you. But there is nothing wrong with a little fun, so if you'd feel better with a higher number then go for it! But just remember that girls don't particularly care how many people you have been with, and in all honesty they prefer it if its not a ridiculously high number :tongue:
Reply 2
My number was more than yours at 21, but it wasn't amazing either.

Soon as I turned 22 it sky rocketed though, to the point I'm not even proud of it, just casual.
Reply 3
...My number at your age was: 0. And suddenly, a 3 years long relationship started... :smile:
I'm female but thought I'd answer anyway. At 21 my number was alot higher than yours. In my experience guys numbers seem to be lower but I would say 2 was on the low side for a 21 year old. Be interesting to see other replies
Im female but thought Id answer anyway

At 21 my number wad way higher than yours. In my experience guys numbers are lower than girls but I would say 2 was low at 21.

Lets see what other people say though
Reply 6
Thanks for the replys guys (y) Yeah I'm not interested in my number being stupidly high, just one were I can look back and say that I had a few 'relationships'. I understand it Varies for everyone and there is no specific answer to my question but its good to hear others opinions/experiences :smile: . I also know that some lads will lie about how many sexual partners they have had and say more than there actual number to seem more masculine ('a lad) in front of there friends. I think my problem is more with a lack of confidence, hopefully ill be able to overcome my insecurities and have a few more 'experiences'. :smile:
Reply 7
BY 20 I'd had 1 joke relationship (a cute one when I was 10 which lasted a day), 2 superficial relationships (where I was going out with one girl for a few days before dumped and another a few weeks :P), and one very meaningful...which I'm loving :biggrin:

(but yeah I'm a virgin but that's alright :smile:)
Chin up OP :smile:
Reply 8
Between turning 18 in A-Level year and 19 finishing fresher year I went from 0 to well.. lets just say more than two dozen. I then met my (ex)girlfriend of 3.5 years so that number obviously stalled.
Reply 9
Original post by SoftPunch

Do you even remember their names? :confused::confused:

I can remember faces if that counts? :smile:
Reply 10
I can't even remember their faces.
Just turned 27 and 0. If only you were as good as me.
Reply 12
Original post by Trix465
I can remember faces if that counts? :smile:

Well I guess it's better than nothing :wink:

Original post by cartman
I can't even remember their faces.

Wow, unless you purposefully didn't want to look:wink:
I'm 22 and only slept with 5 women. I was looking at a thread on some other site and I was shocked to see that some girls reported that they had slept with over 20 men by the time they turned 18... One even said she was 25 and had slept with 62 men... I really hope these girls were trolling or else I'll never look at women the same way ever again... Gross...
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, Im currently in my second year at university and going in to my 3rd in September. Im 21 and have only slept with 2 girls so far, however i have had plenty of opportunities in the past (I.e College, Lads Holidays etc) but have just seemed to let these slip by due to low self esteem, being my height(Im 5'5). Im 21 and have been told by quite a few girls that im quite a good looking lad and they often ask the question why i havent got a girlfriend and also my lad mates say i should be more of a 'player'. My number has not really bothered me until now, i just feel while my other mates are out 'messing about' im falling behind and possibly missing out on 'having fun' while im still young and have the chance. Im however more than ever determined to change this now and not give a **** attitude heading into my final year.
Hiya Bud, I am a 21 year old guy, 6ft 3 and in decent shape. I only lost my virginity at 17 and a 2 and a half year relationship transpired, in the last 2 years I have slept with 21 women. No shame, no regrets and good experiences were the main takeaways, I have had extended relationships in that period of time with women but nothing serious.
Original post by Anonymous #1
Focus on getting your lay count up. Good luck.
Original post by johnny11222
Hiya Bud, I am a 21 year old guy, 6ft 3 and in decent shape. I only lost my virginity at 17 and a 2 and a half year relationship transpired, in the last 2 years I have slept with 21 women. No shame, no regrets and good experiences were the main takeaways, I have had extended relationships in that period of time with women but nothing serious.
how did you do it? And aren't you worried about unwanted pregnancies? Contraception isn't perfect

Latest

Trending

Trending