The Student Room Group

In Love with My Straight Close Friend

Yes, I'm gay now build a bridge and get over it!

So it has pathetically come down to what the title literally suggests. That right, ya'll I'm in love with a guy who's my close friend, if not best friend and he is straight.

Now he doesn't know I'm gay and I know he's straight but there's a party coming up for results day and whatever the results good or bad we will be both getting drunk. It's the same party, and I was thinking about getting him drunk and then telling him that I'm gay, not that I love him cause that's just weird :wink:

But in all seriousness: I feel like if I try to ignore this feeling, I'd have to ignore him until it goes away and this could damage our relationship. But I do tell him, this may alter the dynamics of the relationships. I mean, previously he knew (from his actions) that I had a crush on him and kept his distance so if I told I were gay, would he totally shun me away?

But basically what should I do? I was personally was thinking we both get drunk, I kiss him and just see how it goes. #YOLO!
If you know he's straight and you're his friend, you must respect that his decision that he won't be interested.
Reply 2
Damn, another gay...
Reply 3
Tbh my bi friend was saying all these weird things to me knowing I was straight. She was a good friend of mine so I didn't react badly, I reinforced the fact that I was straight in a friendly way. But she did make me feel awkward. Since you know your friend is straight id say you leave him alone. Getting him drunk and telling him isn't fair to him or your friendship.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
that sounds like an awful plan
Reply 5
Original post by Cool_JordH

But basically what should I do? I was personally was thinking we both get drunk, I kiss him and just see how it goes. #YOLO!

Do not do that. That will only ruin your friendship. Just sit down with him (sober) and explain that you're gay. If you're close friends then he will accept that and think no less of you. Also don't tell him that you're in love him straight away as that will come on too heavy and he might freak out which would make things awkward. Leave that out for a few weeks.

Hope I helped :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tintin95
Do not do that. That will only ruin your friendship. Just sit down with him (sober) and explain that you're gay. If you're close friends then he will accept that and think no less of you. Also don't tell him that you're in love him straight away as that will come on too heavy and he might freak out which would make things awkward. Leave that out for a few weeks.

Hope I helped :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.

I was in the same position a few months back and even though I flirted so much with them, they just saw it as a joke. Which in a way is a good thing cause they were in a relationship and I'd have hated to break that up :tongue: Anyway OP just do what tintin95 says, brill advice there :smile:
Original post by DashingHero
This.

I was in the same position a few months back and even though I flirted so much with them, they just saw it as a joke. Which in a way is a good thing cause they were in a relationship and I'd have hated to break that up :tongue: Anyway OP just do what tintin95 says, brill advice there :smile:

Will do! Thanks guys!!

If ya'll interested, I shall tell you what happens?
Original post by Cool_JordH
Will do! Thanks guys!!

If ya'll interested, I shall tell you what happens?

Sure, just pm me :smile:
Reply 9
Dont kiss him if hes straight... comon...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending