The Student Room Group

dealing with a breakup

Hi all :smile:
So a couple days ago me and my ex broke up, and this is the first proper breakup I am dealing with. I am 17 and have been with my ex for a year and just over a half. We still love eachother but decided to breakup because he found my protective mum a struggle. Today was the first day we went with zero contact and I am in so much pain emotionally. I feel sick to my stomach. I keep forgetting and when I remember I break down. He was a big part of my life, especially my evenings as me and him would call and play video games together every evening. Does anything have any tips or advice on how to deal with this? Do things get better? I am hurting so much and I just want him back and I want to message him, but I know I can’t. We ended things for HIS own sake and mental health, I can’t be selfish.
If you are still close could you see a potential in you both becoming friends? Thats a long time to be with someone and then just go cold turkey.
Its important to remember to give yourself time too, be patient on yourself, things wont be easy straight away
Original post by Autumn223
If you are still close could you see a potential in you both becoming friends? Thats a long time to be with someone and then just go cold turkey.
Its important to remember to give yourself time too, be patient on yourself, things wont be easy straight away

We probably could become friends in the future but I’ll have to be entirely over him for that to even be possible. I feel like if I spoke to him as ‘friends’ right now I’d just break down and start crying, wanting to hug him
Original post by Ilovethesmithsx
We probably could become friends in the future but I’ll have to be entirely over him for that to even be possible. I feel like if I spoke to him as ‘friends’ right now I’d just break down and start crying, wanting to hug him
That’s completely understandable, and you know props to you for recognising that. Are there any friends you can lean on for support at the moment? Sometimes breakups are easier when you can have some time to distract yourself with friends

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending