The Student Room Group

Further funding available for 2 year Foundation Degree at college

Long backstory:

Spoiler

Now, I've since moved back home and am currently living alone, on benefits and have recently signed on JSA. I have found a part-time evening course which I desperately want to do. I need another opportunity to apply myself to something and come out with good grades. I didn't enjoy anything else that I did and this is the only computing course that has a chance of working around a job, it starts at 5pm two evenings a week and is a Foundation Degree.

My concerns are funding and the Jobcentre. I would need a job that finished at 4pm. What is their attitude to me needing that restriction? How many jobs finish at 4pm?

Then there's funding. When I moved back to Wales I resat my GCSE Maths one night a week at the local college. I don't know how funding works but I went full-time for two years in England then went part-time for one year in Wales. Am I likely to be eligible for funding again? The course cost is £950 for year one and £1900 for year two. I really want it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I am slightly confused:

Your title mentions a foundation degree. But your posts just talks about GCSE maths. :s-smilie:
Reply 2
Original post by OU Student
I am slightly confused:

Your title mentions a foundation degree. But your posts just talks about GCSE maths. :s-smilie:

I mentioned the FD in the post. The GCSE Maths is what I have already resat.

"I didn't enjoy anything else that I did and this is the only computing course that has a chance of working around a job, it starts at 5pm two evenings a week and is a Foundation Degree."
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending