The Student Room Group

What's the saddest film scene you've ever watched?

So what's the saddest scene of a movie you've ever seen?
Here's mine. I cry everytime I watch this:
[video="youtube;sF19L00KbAI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF19L00KbAI[/video]
What's yours?

Scroll to see replies

The Elephant Man is on my watchlist, so I won't spoil it!

For me, it would be the last few minutes of Requiem For A Dream. I don't advise just finding the clip on YouTube, I think the whole downward spiral build up (slight contradiction :P) gives it extra impact.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would say the changeling - has anyone seen it?

EDIT: The 2008 film, not 1980.
(edited 10 years ago)
When that Ewok gets killed in Return Of The Jedi.

I'm still thinking...
That scene in The Notebook where they die.

That ruined romance for me. :frown:
Reply 5
When Ellie dies in up :'(
Oh no, i made a mistake! I meant 'changeling' from 2008, not 1980.
Reply 7
The scene in Schindler's list where they're burning the bodies and you see the little girl's red coat in the pile of corpses.

When Bambi's mother dies and Bambi's father has to explain that he will never see her again.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Infinity_4652
I would say the changeling - has anyone seen it?

yep.. The fact that it was based on a true story too makes it more shocking/saddening :sadnod:
Reply 9
The boy in the striped Pyjamas: it led me on -

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tintin95
The scene in Schindler's list where they're burning the bodies and you see the little girl's red coat in the pile of corpses.

When Bambi's mother dies and Bambi's father has to explain that he will never see her again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1375663370383.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;0jIqDdfmzh0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jIqDdfmzh0[/video]
Reply 12
You don't know sad until you've seen Grave of the Fireflies. :emo:
I'm sure I've seen sadder ones but The Road was the first thing that came into my head. There weren't many smiles in that movie.
The ending of Gran Torino was pretty sad. Also I found the ending of the last Harry Potter film quite sad, not because of the ending, but because it was the end of my early childhood in a way, because Harry Potter book and films were always present when I was growing up.
A couple from Grave of the Fireflies.

The Prince's Tale.
It's from a tamil film but basically the guy's girlfriend gets killed and he calls his parents to tell them about it and its just way too sad for my liking.
Original post by dothecreepxx
So what's the saddest scene of a movie you've ever seen?
Here's mine. I cry everytime I watch this:
[video="youtube;sF19L00KbAI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF19L00KbAI[/video]
What's yours?

When I first read this question this was the scene that immediately came to mind. It's one of the few films which makes me cry.

I also get emotional when watching moments in Cameron's Titanic. Not the Jack and Rose scenes but the little moments, such as when Rose's mother is watching the ship from the lifeboat or when the musicians continue playing together. I didn't buy into the Jack and Rose romance exactly but I loved the time spent with the supporting characters.
Reply 18
Dancer in the Dark, just the whole thing but mostly the execution. Tears of sadness and injustice all mixed together.

And the Korean movie 'Brother', the trauma has wiped out the details, but if I remember correctly there was a part near the end...

Spoiler

The end of Never Let Me Go. Reading the last page in the book made me cry, watching the end of the film was even more saddening.

Quick Reply

Latest