The Student Room Group

Exchanging Jeans from Primark

5 days ago I bought these faux leather (PU) jeans from Primark. I wore them for the first time today, just in town shopping for a few hours. They were £15 so not incredibly cheap on the Primark scale. I bent down to look at something on a low shelf and noticed the PU stretch on my knee. I checked when I got home and there's a rip on the fabric on the inside which allowed the PU to stretch and look weird.

Obviously I have worn them, once, but I believe the rip was there before. I have the receipt, and yes the tags are off because I wore them. I just want to exchange them for another pair with no rips, anyone know what chance I'm likely to have?
Reply 1
Yes no problem. How? My friend works at primark, she says they would have no problem with exchanging or even refunding.

And she goes with receipt and tags, Exchanging will be an easy process. Good luck.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
Would YOU yourself purchase those jeans in it's current state?

If the answers 'no' how do you expect Primark to profit off them? And if they can't profit off it, then it's not going to be a fair exchange is it?

I hope these questions answer your question.
Thanks imthe12, so does she say she'd accept them with the tags off, then? I have the receipt.
And Yawn11, Primark supplied me with faulty jeans. I just didn't realize until a few days later when I actually went to wear them.
Definetly :smile: I brought a bag from primark and it broke in two places, took it back about 40ish days later and got a refund. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I used to work at Primark, there will be no problem with that. If they're damaged and you have no receipt, all you'll be able to do is exchange them, but they'll take them back, don't worry :smile:

EDIT: Oh, you say you have the receipt but no tags? Sorry, misread. It'll still be fine, the tags come off all the time! :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Yawn11
Would YOU yourself purchase those jeans in it's current state?

If the answers 'no' how do you expect Primark to profit off them? And if they can't profit off it, then it's not going to be a fair exchange is it?

I hope these questions answer your question.

To the OP: Although this poster is trying to be helpful (yet still gets negged for it...?) - this isn't correct.

Original post by PrincessOfBlahBlah
5 days ago I bought these faux leather (PU) jeans from Primark. I wore them for the first time today, just in town shopping for a few hours. They were £15 so not incredibly cheap on the Primark scale. I bent down to look at something on a low shelf and noticed the PU stretch on my knee. I checked when I got home and there's a rip on the fabric on the inside which allowed the PU to stretch and look weird.

Obviously I have worn them, once, but I believe the rip was there before. I have the receipt, and yes the tags are off because I wore them. I just want to exchange them for another pair with no rips, anyone know what chance I'm likely to have?

Yes you can get an exchange exchange. Sale of Goods Act 1979 determines that the goods must be fit and proper and last a reasonable time. Jeans lasting one wear/a few days isn't reasonable. Return the item.

Quick Reply

Latest