The Student Room Group

Enviromental Studies w/Law and/or Philosophy

Heya guys. Well, I got my enrollment letter about a week ago, so I'm glad to know I've been accepted! It happens at the end of the month, and I'll be able to solidify my A-Levels at the time. I've decided to choose Enviromental Studies, Law, Sociology and Philosophy. I chose these choices as these subjects interested me -:

I've always been interested in the Police and Justice system, I've always loved the enviroment and animals, I love talking and helping people and, about 3 years back when i started R.S. at secondary school, I realized how much I loved debating!

So my question is, where can I go with these ambitions, career-wise? I know I'm going to enjoy my college life - what with the subjects and the social side, but careers after? Any replies will of course be appreciated, but anyone who has done these kind of subjects or is currentley studying them would be most helpful! Thank you!
Reply 1
It might be worth posting in the 'Social and Political Sciences' forum , as there are a lot more people with your interests doing those subject areas :smile: Also, have you checked out the Careers section?
Reply 2
I just thought I'd try here what with Human Sciences and Environmental Studies, I'll post in the other forum and have a look through the career forum! Many thanks!
Hello,

I've just finished my AS Levels in Geography, Government and Politics and Economics, all of which are fairly similar to your choices, and I'm taking up AS Philosophy next year too.

Whilst I don't study the same subjects as you, they have a lot of overlapping content. Geography/Environmental Studies go into more depth than GCSE. It doesn't get too hard, but it becomes fascinating because you learn about everything in much more detail. There's quite a lot of overlap with Law/Government and Politics too. I hadn't originally picked G&P, but after not making the grade for Maths, I took it up as one of my subjects and, quite frankly, it was one of the best decisions I ever made. The law side of the British political system is fascinating - you'll probably cover bits of this in A Level Law too. Neither are difficult - I just scooped A grades in both with 94% in Politics and 88% in Geography!

Philosophy is supposed to be great too, I'm looking forward to studying it!

As for careers, there's a TON that are avaliable. There's a lot of new green jobs being created, so you'd definitely be employable in that field. Have you thought about Environmental Law? There's a course at Exeter that does if if I remember correctly. There's also subjects like Zoology and Ecology which link with the Environmental Studies, but you'd probably need another science subject to apply. Environmental consulting, teaching, research, government advisor/civil servant. Or you can end up doing something completely different!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending