The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Trevs college Durham 2023!!

hi, i’m super excited that i’ve been allocated trevs college for next year as it was my first choice! i’d love to use this thread to meet some of u going there next year- it would be great to make some connections. no negativity please, trevs is an awesome college + is so much more that it’s architecture!! : D
i’ve been allocated trevs too!! what course are you taking?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
I've been allocated to trevs too!
I was a bit disappointed at first as it wasn't my top option, but i don't believe its as awful as everyone is making it out to be :smile:
Hopefully, I'll be doing law
Original post by Woostar
Hi!
I’ve been allocated to trevs!
i am doing politics/philosophy
What are you guys doing?
Reply 3
Hopefully environmental law or media, honestly I don't particularly know what I want to do after uni either, but found law really interesting so have decided to give it a shot!
I've been looking into trevs and it seems to have a great range of societies, especially for music which is great. How are you feeling about a-levels coming up?

Original post by Woostar
Yeah, same, slightly disappointed, I don’t think everyone is making it out to be so bad- I only saw one really angry guy, but he seems to have disappeared now, I hope they’re ok
Law is cool, I’m considering the conversion course after I do my degree (as I am still, horribly unsure about my future career path lol… it’s that or diplomat…. Assuming either exist when the Ai takes over)

what branch of law do you want to do?
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
I've been allocated to trevs too!
I was a bit disappointed at first as it wasn't my top option, but i don't believe its as awful as everyone is making it out to be :smile:
Hopefully, I'll be doing law

Hey, I'm debating as to whether I should study law at durham, so it would be really helpful if you could tell why you decided to choose durham over other unis for law.
Original post by Woostar
Hi!
I’ve been allocated to trevs!
i am doing politics/philosophy
What are you guys doing?

im doing philosophy too w psychology :smile:
Reply 6
yeah, its going to be really interesting learning about all the different types of law !
Im feeling about the same with a-levels, the content seems a lot but am getting much less motivated the more I revise.
Interestingly enough, psych paper 3 is also my wildcard, we only just finished the content so its been a bit of a scramble to get it all done in time. Fingers crossed it all goes well for everyone !!
Original post by Woostar
If I do the law conversion, i think corp or tax looks really cool

Honestly, with A-levels (this sounds really bad) I am struggling with motivation: I started revision in September/october, and am getting to the point of “I just cannot look at this stuff anymore”, so I’m just doing the past papers and workbooks for them. I’m fairly confident in at least 2 subjects, (psychology paper 3 is my wildcard), but that’s about 3 weeks away.
Reply 7
Hiya, honestly I liked the vibe of it a lot more than some others, I didn't do the most amazing on the LNAT compared to other people but still decided to apply, and luckily got offered a place, the course is really lovely and I think its ranked fairly high aswell!
Original post by Wolfram123
Hey, I'm debating as to whether I should study law at durham, so it would be really helpful if you could tell why you decided to choose durham over other unis for law.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Hiya, honestly I liked the vibe of it a lot more than some others, I didn't do the most amazing on the LNAT compared to other people but still decided to apply, and luckily got offered a place, the course is really lovely and I think its ranked fairly high aswell!

Thanks for the insight! I actually did fairly well on the LNAT with a score of 37, but still got rejected by quite a few unis. However, I'm currently deciding between King's and Durham and I'm at a bit of a loss, which one do you think is better for law?
Thanks!
Original post by Woostar
Ohoho mon ami
it appears we are one social science+ one humanities twins…
: D

best combo :wink: have you studied philosophy before because apart from reading im going into it blind
Original post by Woostar
I have studied it before, been on the ole’ RS train since GCSEs - ‘tis my ‘Jam’, you’ll enjoy.
what are you planning on doing after graduation? I’m hoping for Law postgrad (then corp, crim, or tax), or diplomat (which’s be sick)

im also thinking of law to go into victim advocacy!
Original post by Woostar
Bro that sounds so sick
is That like working for the rights of the victim?
or is it closer to prosecution?
either way (or I may be wrong) it sounds so cool

yes exactly!! victim advocates represent and provide help for victims, i think law or diplomacy sounds incredible too but i’m not that interested in law
Ello - I've been allocated to Trevs too! I'm studying Anthropology with a foundation year :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by coffeebean22
Ello - I've been allocated to Trevs too! I'm studying Anthropology with a foundation year :smile:

yay!! i’m gonna do human sciences- so anthropology dept too!! :biggrin:
Reply 14
Hi! I was allocated to Trevs and hopefully I’m going to be studying history
Hey, I've been allocated to Trevs as well and I am going to study English Literature!
Reply 16
is there any kind of Trevs offer holder insta or whatapp or is there anyone also studying criminology (asking for daughters best friend who will starr in Sept)

Quick Reply

Latest