The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Still haven't heard from them- fingers crossed though!
Reply 1781
Original post by oyyoyy
Still haven't heard from them- fingers crossed though!

Don't you already have an offer from Kings? Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1782
UKCAT:735

UCAS:640 (added up correctly, A*A*AAA A-level with Bio and Chem)

I meet all the minimum entry requirements (10A* GCSE with Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry and Physics)

My personal statement and reference have got me interviews at three other medical schools that look strongly at personal statement.

WHY NO INTERVIEW??????????????
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1783
Original post by WhyNoMe
UKCAT:735

UCAS:640 (added up correctly, A*A*AAA A-level with Bio and Chem)

I meet all the minimum entry requirements (10A* GCSE with Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry and Physics)

My personal statement and reference have got me interviews at three other medical schools that look strongly at personal statement.

WHY NO INTERVIEW??????????????

lol my ukcat is 750 and I have 680 ucas tariff points with 11A* at gcse and meet all the requirements just like you!!! I think they're just randomly allocating interviews in batches atm!! don't worry we'll get ours soon :smile:
Reply 1784
Original post by medic321
lol my ukcat is 750 and I have 680 ucas tariff points with 11A* at gcse and meet all the requirements just like you!!! I think they're just randomly allocating interviews in batches atm!! don't worry we'll get ours soon :smile:

same ..I think it's random too. I guess we just wait :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in a similar position. 2890 ukcat and 680 ucas, and no interview. This person said earlier that heir son got one with surname initial N. Mine is also N so they aren't going by that. I'll call up tomorrow to ask when the next batch would be given and if the allocation is random or not and will let you guys know what they say. I think the next batch would be at the end of January though.
anyone with deferred entries get any interviews yet? home or international?
Reply 1787
Original post by franngu
Don't you already have an offer from Kings? Hahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

lolol I know, it's just nice to try and go out on a 100% record :tongue:
any of you have UKCATSEN?
I have an interview towards the end of the month. I have 830 UKCAT and 460 tariff points so I am thrilled to have an interview.
Original post by sweeny-tom
I have an interview towards the end of the month. I have 830 UKCAT and 460 tariff points so I am thrilled to have an interview.

I have 767.5 and 460 tariff points, i thought they were just delaying my rejection but you've given me some hope (even though your UKCAT is way more impressive than mine :tongue:). Well done and good luck :biggrin:
Original post by Digimon97
Oh man, 705 tariff and 620 UKCAT ?! Do you all think personal statement had a part in interview selection this year?

Can't quite depict your tone from your post... but surely it does? Maybe just to choose between two academically similar candidates. No idea. I'm just guessing that people have amazing UKCATs this year!
Reply 1792
UKCAT of 817.5 and UCAS of 700, still no interview offer for me
Original post by nmw95
UKCAT of 817.5 and UCAS of 700, still no interview offer for me

Similar UKCAT and a grad (AND an international, I am such an anomaly)... also no interview. :smile: Let's hang in there! It's not over until we get rejected.
Reply 1794
Original post by Cephalosporin
Similar UKCAT and a grad (AND an international, I am such an anomaly)... also no interview. :smile: Let's hang in there! It's not over until we get rejected.

I think they must be randomly allocating interviews from selected candidates - similar to how King's have done it. A friend of mine has a lower UKCAT and UCAS tariff but has an interview offer!
I'm guessing personal statement will have played a part (hoping anyway!) It explains the 'randomness', and I am really hoping they consider PS more, as I have a lower tariff but higher UKCAT and a good PS.
I've called up and they confirmed that further interviews will 'likely be given out towards the end of January and the beginning of February'. Sorry folks, that's the most specific she was prepared to be. I asked her if interviews are allocated randomly and she said yes, and that it doesn't matter when you get your interview you would be judged the same. I guess this agrees with my observations because people with lower UKCAT and UCAS tarriffs have received interviews before those with higher scores. That aside, good luck to everyone with interviews and those waiting for interviews :smile:
Reply 1797
Original post by solarplexus
undergrad?

Yes undergrad!
Reply 1798
Original post by Enjoy Life
I've called up and they confirmed that further interviews will 'likely be given out towards the end of January and the beginning of February'. Sorry folks, that's the most specific she was prepared to be. I asked her if interviews are allocated randomly and she said yes, and that it doesn't matter when you get your interview you would be judged the same. I guess this agrees with my observations because people with lower UKCAT and UCAS tarriffs have received interviews before those with higher scores. That aside, good luck to everyone with interviews and those waiting for interviews :smile:

Well..thank you for posting :smile:

That's just great though isn't it? As if it wasn't bad enough waiting this long ..and now until the end of January :tongue:
Original post by Rosine
Well..thank you for posting :smile:

That's just great though isn't it? As if it wasn't bad enough waiting this long ..and now until the end of January :tongue:

The end of January is only like two weeks away, it'll go fast :smile: you'll get your interview invite before you know it so dw :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending