The Student Room Group

LPC with a 2:2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UncertainProspec
I'm unsure whether to pursue to the LPC.

I am determined, and I will work to achieve the best grades I can.

I'm tempted by BPP's offer. They also promise to provide a course on them in the event of failing to obtain a training contract.

http://law.bppeloqua.com/law-lpc-career-guarantee

However, I want the input of fellow posters, because I understand that pursuing a TC with a 2:2 may be an unrealistic prospect.

Secondly, I'm wondering whether the University of Law has more clout, as I know more people who've done the LPC there.

Thank you for reading this.

Hey man,

Was just wondering if there's any updates on your situation. Im literrally in the exact same scenario having graduated with a 2:2 in law. Your thread has been very helpful in my decision, i'm leaning towards the CILEX route rather than doing the LPC but it would be helpful to know how your situaiton turned out.

Hope it turned out well and all the best!
Original post by UnderPost
It's not impossible to get a TC with a 2:2 - it's just much harder. Most city firms have a minimum of 2:1 or above.

So it depends what sort of person you are. If you are a likeable person then maybe it would be better for you to just get any old job in a law firm. Show them you're a hard worker, and see if they'll offer a TC. Then you can do the LPC OR you could do the LPC on the weekend whilst working. This is risky but if you pick the right firm and you work hard then I know a lot of students who have been given a TC.

My advice to anybody is try not to do the LPC without a TC in place unless you have the money to waste. From my class v.few got a TC whilst doing the LPC (in fact it was just one!).

P.S if you are worrying about not passing the LPC because you have a 2:2 - DON'T WORRY, as long as you keep on top of the paperwork then it is passable.

i know i am late but this is true :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending