The Student Room Group

Going from a small town to a big city!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ebduff
Thank you!

MMU is a great uni, well, I know it is with regards to law anyway!
You're located in a fantastic city and you have 3 universities within a mile of each other so it is student central!! Great for nights out!

What are you going to be studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I no longer need to apply though because I got into my firm :biggrin:
Reply 61
Original post by kayleighisonfire
Thank you, I no longer need to apply though because I got into my firm :biggrin:

Yay! Congratulations and the best of luck to you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
MOVING DAY! WOOHOO!!

I'm moving into my new house today!
Gonna be on my own for about a week though! Well, my boyfriend will stay when he's not working :smile:

So excited, bring on second year!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Okay so I've been in my house just under a week now and out of my 7 nights here I've only been alone for 3 so far as my boyfriend has been staying over when he can, so all in all not too bad so far!

Massive tip for you first years, when you eventually go house hunting, if the current people are in the house when you view it, try to ask them questions! I certainly regret not doing that!

I arrived here to find a stack of bills for us and no idea what to do about them!
Also, we've found a few (pretty minor) issues in the house, for example, our kettle didn't work, we've been given an appalling tiny Hoover, drawers were broken, we don't have a dryer, we need a new back gate and two dining chairs are missing!

Fortunately, they have new things on order for us, so make sure you find the problems as soon as you can and report them to your agency/landlord!

All in all I'm quite enjoying this week, although I am tremendously bored because none of my friends are back in manchester until the end of this week :frown:

Only a week to go until I find out if I passed my resits and got into second year! Getting pretty nervous now!

As always, ask any questions you may have :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 64
Holaaaaa.

I GOT INTO SECOND YEAR :biggrin: (finally)

Now everyone is in our house which is good, now we're just fine tuning where the hell to put things!
It's the University of Manchester's freshers week this week, so our road has been crammed with house/street parties and drunken people being very loud!
Alas, on Monday that will be us MMUers! Can't wait to go out again, feels like forever since I last did!

Hope everyone had/is having/going to have an awesome freshers week, you'll never forget it!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 65
Haven't posted here in forever!

Well I'm a fully fledged 2nd year student, I already feel like I'm drowning in work to the point that I've only been out clubbing TWICE so far this year, how lame!!

However, my luck is turning! I have a job interview tomorrow, yippee!! Really hoping I get it as I need a job before I bankrupt myself!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ebduff
Haven't posted here in forever!

Well I'm a fully fledged 2nd year student, I already feel like I'm drowning in work to the point that I've only been out clubbing TWICE so far this year, how lame!!

However, my luck is turning! I have a job interview tomorrow, yippee!! Really hoping I get it as I need a job before I bankrupt myself!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Goodluck with the job interview, feel free to let yourself loose once in awhile can't be studying all the time :tongue:
Reply 67
I finally got a job!!!
Woohooooo!!!

It's only at McDonalds, but hey, at least I'll have an income!

Things can't be going better here right now: I have a great house, great friends, great boyfriend, challenging uni course and now a job!

Smiles all around :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 68
Haven't posted here in forever!!

Uni is hard...I really dislike my degree right now and do not see myself going into law after I finish.
This view could change, I know, but right now my heart isn't in it, it's so hard and I am really struggling, boo :frown:

In other news, in doing great in my job, have just celebrated 8 months with my boyfriend and have had a lovely Christmas :smile:

Back to manchester next week though :frown:

Ah well!!

Merry Christmas and a happy new year to you all :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 69
OH MY GOODNESS!

My blog has received nearly 20,000 views?! Whattt?!

Thank you to all of those who have followed me on my journey, however I haven't posted here since December so I have a rather large update!

I am no longer at University!!!!

On January 15th 2015, my nan (who I live with when not at uni) went into hospital and had to have major surgery, she was so very ill that I consequently had to suspend my place at uni in order to come home and care for her.

So, she is well again now, she still requires assistance with some things so I'm not ready to go back to uni quite yet, however, I have until next February to decide if I am going to go back.

So right now, I have 3 jobs, I work as a support worker, going into ill people's homes and assisting them with washing, dressing, cooking, cleaning, medication etc, I work in an off-license and also a bar too.
I am still very much in love with my boyfriend and am currently saving up to move to Liverpool with him.

These past six months have been immensely hard on all areas of my life and I can't say that I always handled things well!

Even though I am no longer a uni student, please feel free to ask any questions about Freshers or anything else uni related and I will answer to the best of my ability!

I am going to try and carry on this blog since it has gained such a following and I don't want to let people down!!

Hope you're all well :smile:
Original post by ebduff
OH MY GOODNESS!

My blog has received nearly 20,000 views?! Whattt?!

Thank you to all of those who have followed me on my journey, however I haven't posted here since December so I have a rather large update!

I am no longer at University!!!!

On January 15th 2015, my nan (who I live with when not at uni) went into hospital and had to have major surgery, she was so very ill that I consequently had to suspend my place at uni in order to come home and care for her.

So, she is well again now, she still requires assistance with some things so I'm not ready to go back to uni quite yet, however, I have until next February to decide if I am going to go back.

So right now, I have 3 jobs, I work as a support worker, going into ill people's homes and assisting them with washing, dressing, cooking, cleaning, medication etc, I work in an off-license and also a bar too.
I am still very much in love with my boyfriend and am currently saving up to move to Liverpool with him.

These past six months have been immensely hard on all areas of my life and I can't say that I always handled things well!

Even though I am no longer a uni student, please feel free to ask any questions about Freshers or anything else uni related and I will answer to the best of my ability!

I am going to try and carry on this blog since it has gained such a following and I don't want to let people down!!

Hope you're all well :smile:

Really enjoyed reading your story! Hope ill have nice flatmates haha. Off to liverpool uni in september
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by ThoughtIsFree
Really enjoyed readinf your story! Hope ill have nice flatmates haha. Of to liverpooluni in september

I really hope you enjoy it! Quite a few of my friends got to Liverpool uni and love it! What are you studying there? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ebduff
I really hope you enjoy it! Quite a few of my friends got to Liverpool uni and love it! What are you studying there? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

awesome! combined honours: maths and music :smile:
Reply 73
awesome! combined honours: maths and music :smile:

Nice! Definitely a combined honours that I haven't come across! But I hope you really enjoy yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ebduff
Nice! Definitely a combined honours that I haven't come across! But I hope you really enjoy yourself!

Posted from TSR Mobile

thankyou! yeah it's quite uncommon, but somehow ive actually manage to find someone who applied to do the same course as me via facebook :') so yeah im super excited, thankyou!!
Reply 75
thankyou! yeah it's quite uncommon, but somehow ive actually manage to find someone who applied to do the same course as me via facebook :') so yeah im super excited, thankyou!!

Facebook groups definitely are the best way to find people.
I joined a group that was all people who were going to be living in the same halls as me and also a generic freshers group too and it helped me to find soooo many people haha :smile:
Reply 76
Exactly!
I didn't find my flatmates simply because I wasn't told where id be loving until move in day! But I know a lot of unis tell you in advance :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending