The Student Room Group

Aberystwyth V Winchester Uni to study English Lit/Creative Writing joint hons

Help! I am so torn between both places. I just can't decide. Is there anyone going to either place to study this course? If it helps, I am hoping to study abroad in a European University for a semester at some point. I am currently based in Oxfordshire and I have family in Wales. I am a fairly quiet, shy kind of person.
Hi @magicsurfbus, is this for September 2023 or 2024 entry?
Reply 2
Original post by magicsurfbus
Help! I am so torn between both places. I just can't decide. Is there anyone going to either place to study this course? If it helps, I am hoping to study abroad in a European University for a semester at some point. I am currently based in Oxfordshire and I have family in Wales. I am a fairly quiet, shy kind of person.

Have you spoken to both in clearing? I'm a bit confused about your situation :confused:

Both are fairly sleepy towns/small cities Aberystwyth is a long way from anywhere much bigger (think 50 miles away from a Nandos levels of isolated!) but its own small, rural student community. If your family is near to mid Wales then maybe it's less of a culture shock for you. Winchester is a decently sized small city close to Southampton and commutable to London.

Have a look and see whether either course offers study abroad options, and where their partner unis are if they do.
Really nobody can decide on this. Aber is a small seaside town miles from anywhere but dies have one of the highest student satisfaction rates anywhere. I dont know much about Winchester but it will be bigger. Where in Wales do you live. It can be difficult to get to Aber from most places.
Original post by magicsurfbus

Hi @magicsurfbus

I appreciate this is a big personal decision, so it's hard for us to fully help here. I think it's good to remember that sometimes it is best to go with your gut feeling!

Where we can help though is with any specific questions you have about the life of an English Lit/ Creative writing student at Winchester.

Let us know if you need any help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending