The Student Room Group

2014 Pharmacy applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by aki1994
Can someone please help me decide between Sunderland and Wolverhampton for Pharmacy. Thanks

Hi aki,
I haven't ever been to Wolverhampton but I've spent a little time in the north east so i know Sunderland's a nice place to be. In terms of rankings etc they appear to be similar so I'd visit each Uni if you can.

You could also compare the courses on unistats or the complete university guide.
Hope it helps
Original post by aki1994
Can someone please help me decide between Sunderland and Wolverhampton for Pharmacy. Thanks

Sunderland would be good for a back-up as they let people in with as low as CCC if they don't get the offer as they always go into clearing.
Original post by purple_panther
Thanks that's good to know. You make it sound really good, I might actually apply there. :smile:

You won't be disappointed, that's for sure :wink:

Make sure you come along to an open day :smile:
Reply 583
Original post by demetria
Shouldn't they have mentioned that at the open days earlier this year? :eek:

How did you find out about it?

I'm a 2nd year pharmacy student and a few 3rd and 4th years have been asked to participate in a trial mock interview process to assess how smoothly the new proposal will run. If not this year it will most likely be run for next years applicants and its just a means of standardizing the whole process to make it as fair as possible. But I doubt it will make it more difficult to get a place once you have been offered an interview.:smile:
Original post by Jin3011
I'm a 2nd year pharmacy student and a few 3rd and 4th years have been asked to participate in a trial mock interview process to assess how smoothly the new proposal will run. If not this year it will most likely be run for next years applicants and its just a means of standardizing the whole process to make it as fair as possible. But I doubt it will make it more difficult to get a place once you have been offered an interview.:smile:

Oh right, I don't mind if it is a different kind of interview but I do think it's a bit unfair that they haven't released this information, I mean people went to open days and were told it was a regular interview, if they'd of known it had changed they might not even of wanted to apply. Anyway please update us if you find out whether or not it's starting this year :smile:
Original post by James A
You won't be disappointed, that's for sure :wink:

Make sure you come along to an open day :smile:

I'm planning to. It's 4 hours away from where I live though which is not that far but it's a bit of a scary thought.:s-smilie: I'm considering it though because it looks quite good.
I applied on Wednesday for Nottingham, Manchester, Cardiff, UEA and Portsmouth but now looking at what other people are saying I kinda regret not looking into Bath and Reading more! On Reading's website it says they require AAB so put Portsmouth as my backup instead :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by presidential_
Anyone considering UEA as a choice?

Me! I went to their summer school so hopefully that gives me a better chance of getting in?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tashawasha
I applied on Wednesday for Nottingham, Manchester, Cardiff, UEA and Portsmouth but now looking at what other people are saying I kinda regret not looking into Bath and Reading more! On Reading's website it says they require AAB so put Portsmouth as my backup instead :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You have a week to change your mind from when you apply so if you really aren't sure about your decision then spend all of this weekend researching the different uni courses and you can change them on Monday/Tuesday? :smile:
Me! I went to their summer school so hopefully that gives me a better chance of getting in?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats great, what did you get in your As?
i'm thinking of applying to bath/nottingham, UCL, Queen's Belfast, UEA and reading (insurance)
i haven't visited reading but does anyone know much about the course at reading?
Original post by bambi77122
i'm thinking of applying to bath/nottingham, UCL, Queen's Belfast, UEA and reading (insurance)
i haven't visited reading but does anyone know much about the course at reading?

Hey, I'm a first year Pharmacy student at Reading.

Is there anything specific you want to know about the uni, because all Pharmacy schools teach the same course (standardised by the GPhC) so there's no difference in the content of the course.

:smile:
Original post by demetria
You have a week to change your mind from when you apply so if you really aren't sure about your decision then spend all of this weekend researching the different uni courses and you can change them on Monday/Tuesday? :smile:

Didn't know that, thanks!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by presidential_
Thats great, what did you get in your As?

AAB, predicted AAA. You? You gonna apply to uea too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by James A

Is there anything specific you want to know about the uni, because all Pharmacy schools teach the same course (standardised by the GPhC) so there's no difference in the content of the course.

What is your timetable like?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MichaelP
My bad :P I thought you were a fellow bro-ski
Do you live close to London? My parent's aren't fussed about where I stay
LOL DUDE, What were you predicted for A2 after your AS results? ABB?

Yeah I need to retake bio and chem second exam

I do OCR A, I was gonna ask for your help but nevermind
I should go to sleep now I got a chem test on esters tomorrow yikes!

I do chemistry OCR A!

I'm also looking to apply for pharmacy, predicted AAB :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 596
Original post by James A

what were your predicted grades ( if you remember) and what did you achieve? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got ABB but Bs were literally a mark of an A so AAA prediction, do you think I have a chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

What let me down was my gcses, I only got 1A the rest Bs amd a couple Cs

Posted from TSR Mobile
What is your timetable like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The blocks in red show when I have something. Lunch breaks are 1 till 2. This is my timetable for next week but this is just a fairly close guide to how it will be for the other weeks in the future. Wednesday afternoons are off for everyone at all unis.

As a Pharmacy student, you will be very busy with work and stuff during the week. So it will be roughly the same amount of hours, regardless of the uni you choose.

Hope this helped.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending