The Student Room Group

2014 Pharmacy applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kiyubi
yh nd i do aqa:biggrin:

Hey could you pm me it's very important thanks!
Reply 5981
For student finance where it says "will your course lead to a healthcare profession" do you select yes or no for pharmacy?
Because it's not included in the examples and I know the nhs don't fund it, thanks!
Original post by MBee
For student finance where it says "will your course lead to a healthcare profession" do you select yes or no for pharmacy?
Because it's not included in the examples and I know the nhs don't fund it, thanks!

I put yes because Pharmacy is a major healthcare profession and I'm pretty sure some of the example professions given don't get NHS bursaries and things, plus it asks about NHS bursaries separately anyway :smile:
Original post by straw-struck
Anybody firmed UCL ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeahh , have you? and are you going to the open day? :smile:
Reply 5984
Original post by demetria
Well done! :smile: Are you firming?

Yep, Notts is the only offer I've got through UCAS with 4 rejections but it was my first choice anyway so happy days :biggrin: how about you?

Original post by rozi16
Congrats on your offer! I got mine today too :biggrin:
I was so worried after my interview and i even dreamt that I got rejected last night, uoghh nightmare! :s-smilie: so glad that it was just a stupid dream.
Are you firming notts? Btw when was your interview? February or before January?

Congrats! I've got an offer to transfer internally to UEA as I currently study here but definitely going to go Nottingham. Mine was Feb 26th, yours?
Original post by Itachi Uchiha.
Yeahh , have you? and are you going to the open day? :smile:

Yes, definitely my top choice. And yes, I will be attending one next Friday? What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Podolshi
Yep, Notts is the only offer I've got through UCAS with 4 rejections but it was my first choice anyway so happy days :biggrin: how about you?

Congrats! I've got an offer to transfer internally to UEA as I currently study here but definitely going to go Nottingham. Mine was Feb 26th, yours?

Yep firmed it today! :biggrin: Are you on facebook? I emailed Notts earlier to see if they set up a freshers group on facebook for Pharmacy students or if it's up to us to make one so hopefully they'll get back to me and I can set one up if it's not something they do themselves
Reply 5987
Yep firmed it today! :biggrin: Are you on facebook? I emailed Notts earlier to see if they set up a freshers group on facebook for Pharmacy students or if it's up to us to make one so hopefully they'll get back to me and I can set one up if it's not something they do themselves

Well done! Yup, you? Just had a search and can't find a Pharmacy page for them, they might set it up soon after dishing out all offers. You confident of getting the grades?
Well done! Yup, you? Just had a search and can't find a Pharmacy page for them, they might set it up soon after dishing out all offers. You confident of getting the grades?

Thanks :smile: Yeah I'm on facebook and I am pretty confident with the grades, this year I only need a low B in Biology to get an A overall, a high B in Chem to get an A overall and a low C in Physics to get B overall and coursework has gone really well so I'm not panicking too much (yet!) :smile: What about you?
Original post by straw-struck
Yes, definitely my top choice. And yes, I will be attending one next Friday? What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yupp , 4th April
Reply 5990
Thanks :smile: Yeah I'm on facebook and I am pretty confident with the grades, this year I only need a low B in Biology to get an A overall, a high B in Chem to get an A overall and a low C in Physics to get B overall and coursework has gone really well so I'm not panicking too much (yet!) :smile: What about you?

Excellent! Yeah, I need 70% on the UEA Science Foundation Year which is equivalent to AAB, but I've averaged 82.7% so far. I can't get below 70% in any modules apart from maths, and scraped 74% in biology last semester so going to work hard to make sure I don't cut it that fine this semester!
Reply 5991

Oh same! Mine was on 26th February too.
Reply 5992
Original post by rozi16
Oh same! Mine was on 26th February too.

Awesome! What group were you? I was BB if I remember correctly.
Excellent! Yeah, I need 70% on the UEA Science Foundation Year which is equivalent to AAB, but I've averaged 82.7% so far. I can't get below 70% in any modules apart from maths, and scraped 74% in biology last semester so going to work hard to make sure I don't cut it that fine this semester!

Oh okay good luck! :smile: I'm guessing you've already done the whole freshers thing then? :tongue: Do you know which accommodation you're applying for? (If you're applying for halls)
Reply 5994
Oh okay good luck! :smile: I'm guessing you've already done the whole freshers thing then? :tongue: Do you know which accommodation you're applying for? (If you're applying for halls)

Yep, freshers week here was crazy! I don't blame you if you look forward to your freshers, you'll love it. I'm probably applying for Broadgate Park, I have quite a particular choice in foods so self catered will be best for me, plus the 44 week license should come in handy. Yourself?
Reply 5995
Awesome! What group were you? I was BB if I remember correctly.

I really cant remember. Oh lord my memory is so bad.umm I think it was BC :confused: , not sure. I know that I was in group number 3.
Yep, freshers week here was crazy! I don't blame you if you look forward to your freshers, you'll love it. I'm probably applying for Broadgate Park, I have quite a particular choice in foods so self catered will be best for me, plus the 44 week license should come in handy. Yourself?

Haha yeah I can't wait for all of it to be honest! And same here, Broadgate's my first choice, then Raleigh Park then Albion House :smile: Applications are first come first serve and they opened a few weeks ago so I really hope I get into Broadgate :eek:
Original post by River33
I'm still waiting. They're the last one i need to hear from. But some people had offers in feb for rgu? Confused much...

Really? When did you have your interview? Wtf, damn these universities, I wish they would tell us whether they were even considering our applications tbh :/ I actually got an email from them the other day asking for a copy of my passport ._.
Original post by Holly Siren
KCL asked for my scanned passport. What is this supposed to mean??

I'm international and previously studied in the UK for a while.

Also, did they offer interviews to intl applicants this year? Many thanks.

RGU asked me for mine too! I live in Ireland but was born in the UK... So mysterious :s-smilie:
Original post by tom_e93
I applied on 14 Jan tho I've heard from reading, kings and Brighton but nothing from bath and durham.Aren't they supposed to reply by 30 March?

Hi

Durham have made offers/rejections for every student who has applied, we have nothing left outstanding at this stage. If you haven't heard from us please contact us directly on 0191 3342000 asking to speak to Lisa Monkhouse or email [email protected]. Clearly if you have applied and havent had a response something has gone wrong.

Thanks

Andy Husband

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending