The Student Room Group

2014 Pharmacy applicants

Scroll to see replies

I submitted my application to the school in the beginning of October still waiting for my reference :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Original post by presidential_
I submitted my application to the school in the beginning of October still waiting for my reference :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Me too. However my references were ready the week before half term and now im waiting on my head tutor to check and send it. She said before half term, it didn't get done and she went on holiday this week. She's my first stop Monday morning!
But I'm glad I'm not the only one I suppose /: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE="ahmedhuzaifa;45026760"]
Original post by propagation

Nah bro, my school still arnt sending any application till monday so :/ dude aston is such a nice place the encounters I havr had with professors from there, shows there really caring. Oo reading im glad you picked it aha I might see you there, if you don't mind me asking where do you live?

And how come? Cant you stick with the choices?

I am hoping my college send my application Monday as well I have sent my application already.
The teachers there actually care about their students which is why I nearly went for them, I am just not keen on Birmingham that's why I am put off :/
Yeah Inshallah we may see one another, seeing as both our applications should be sent at similar dates.
I live in Exeter :biggrin:
I'm third year and I have already achieved C In Bio and Classics, and my GCSE's are crap, pretty much B's . So probably Durham and Bath will be put off by me :/

Where are you from?
Original post by Stacie0395
I've managed to get some community and experience now so I'm a bit happier haha. Just want my application to be sent off already :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you enjoy it? :biggrin:
Original post by Stacie0395
Me too. However my references were ready the week before half term and now im waiting on my head tutor to check and send it. She said before half term, it didn't get done and she went on holiday this week. She's my first stop Monday morning!
But I'm glad I'm not the only one I suppose /: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hhaha I thought I was the only one :/, but hopefully they get sent off asap so we can concentrate on A2. I cant concentrate with the thought of ucas in my head :pierre:
[QUOTE="propagation;45030087"]
Original post by ahmedhuzaifa

I am hoping my college send my application Monday as well I have sent my application already.
The teachers there actually care about their students which is why I nearly went for them, I am just not keen on Birmingham that's why I am put off :/
Yeah Inshallah we may see one another, seeing as both our applications should be sent at similar dates.
I live in Exeter :biggrin:
I'm third year and I have already achieved C In Bio and Classics, and my GCSE's are crap, pretty much B's . So probably Durham and Bath will be put off by me :/

Where are you from?

Thats true bro, I had a proffesor of microbiology do a lecture at our sixth form best lecturer I have seen such a nice guy aswell, hmm I went to Birmingham for a lecture on communication didnt really like the feel of it however :/ inshallah bro lets hope they send our applications off monday, oo exeter never been there, I live in tamworth (next to birmingham) I think you would have a chance there guessing durham and bath wants Bs for english and maths? And if not they might give you an higher offer than others. Its worth a try though mate :-)
Original post by Emmaboxer
Their name ?! Deary me, to be fair I wouldn't want a doctor treating me who couldn't remember their name ha, not a great start. I don't suppose he got a place ?

Lol I guess it happens when the nerves kick in, just hope it doesnt happen to me ill cry if it did hehe ;-) ane aha hes training atm I think, just make sure you ask your GP his name next time you go to see if they remember it ;-)
[QUOTE="ahmedhuzaifa;45030362"]

Thats true bro, I had a proffesor of microbiology do a lecture at our sixth form best lecturer I have seen such a nice guy aswell, hmm I went to Birmingham for a lecture on communication didnt really like the feel of it however :/ inshallah bro lets hope they send our applications off monday, oo exeter never been there, I live in tamworth (next to birmingham) I think you would have a chance there guessing durham and bath wants Bs for english and maths? And if not they might give you an higher offer than others. Its worth a try though mate :-)

Well all uni's I picked were asking for C's in English Lang, as I got C in that :/
GCSE's were a Disaster haha
Do you prediction will play much of a role if they can see some of the grades I have already got?
Their name ?! Deary me, to be fair I wouldn't want a doctor treating me who couldn't remember their name ha, not a great start. I don't suppose he got a place ?

Yes their name haha, I have seen this happen before in a Biology revision session. We had what is to my friend a fit Lecturer going over some of the bio stuff and because she didn't know anyone in the class she would ask for their name before asking them a question. And so there there is my friend day dreaming about her and she catches his eyes staring at her and so she goes to ask him a question. She asks " Your name please?". My friend comes out of his fantasy world and just replies to her "Name!" and then he looks down at his notebook and reads his name off that "Mark *******". It was so funny, he went so red and to make things worse she laughed at him in a kind of cute flirty way which set off the class.

He's training to be a doctor now :P
But his stress proved to the Lecturers how much he wanted Medicine.
[QUOTE="ahmedhuzaifa;45030362"]

I love Microbiology :biggrin:
[QUOTE="propagation;45030509"]

Well all uni's I picked were asking for C's in English Lang, as I got C in that :/
GCSE's were a Disaster haha
Do you prediction will play much of a role if they can see some of the grades I have already got?

Ah right I see, but I dont see it affecting any offerss you might get, im guessing unis rather look at what you can get im alevels then gcses.

Microbiology is absolutely awesome, I loved it. All about diseases abd bacteria such a good lecture :-)
[QUOTE="ahmedhuzaifa;45030897"]

Ah right I see, but I dont see it affecting any offerss you might get, im guessing unis rather look at what you can get im alevels then gcses.

Microbiology is absolutely awesome, I loved it. All about diseases abd bacteria such a good lecture :-)

The more I have looked into the Pharmacy course, the more I love it. You might like this if you have not already seen it http://www.reading.ac.uk/pharmacy/ug/pharm-ugteaching.aspx#lectures follow the lecture on the podcast to the Powerpoint on toxicology. I really enjoyed it :biggrin:

Yeah but I think they are going to ignore my Predictions for Biology and Classics and just take into account my C's :/
That's why I am worried.
[QUOTE="propagation;45031072"]

The more I have looked into the Pharmacy course, the more I love it. You might like this if you have not already seen it http://www.reading.ac.uk/pharmacy/ug/pharm-ugteaching.aspx#lectures follow the lecture on the podcast to the Powerpoint on toxicology. I really enjoyed it :biggrin:

Yeah but I think they are going to ignore my Predictions for Biology and Classics and just take into account my C's :/
That's why I am worried.

Hmm the thing Is my cousin did his alevels over 3yrs, but even Nottingham didnt take it into account because his interview went well, so if your application and interview go well, than you should definitely be okay. Most unis look at different things rather than what you might have and might be predicted. Just have to make sure your interviews are spot on mate :-)
Reply 1193
Hello. For ucl pharmacy applicants with a medical ps (or dental) I called up admissions and they said it is fine to apply just with a pharmacy ps 'before interview'. Anyone in the same boat/ know when the ps needs to be in for? I don't know whether to email it ASAP or wait til I hear from them. Also how do I know if it is the right length as I can't put it in ucas framework. I know word length etc but it is always different.
for anyone anti med applicants I am working as a pharmacy dispensing assistant full time on my gap year and am really enjoying it so I am using it as a back up, but also as something I am genuinely interested in and know I will enjoy.. And if I get to live in London with it :biggrin: thanks
Original post by presidential_
Hhaha I thought I was the only one :/, but hopefully they get sent off asap so we can concentrate on A2. I cant concentrate with the thought of ucas in my head :pierre:

That's the main reason I want mine sent off! But fingers crossed it'll be soon

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you enjoy it? :biggrin:

I've only just organised it so I start this week :smile: I'll let you know. It'll have to be really good to top tbe hopsital!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol I guess it happens when the nerves kick in, just hope it doesnt happen to me ill cry if it did hehe ;-) ane aha hes training atm I think, just make sure you ask your GP his name next time you go to see if they remember it ;-)

Im sure it won't take a few calmers before you go in you'll be sorted ! I will to be fair I've had the same GP for years and I still don't know his name haha :colondollar:
Yes their name haha, I have seen this happen before in a Biology revision session. We had what is to my friend a fit Lecturer going over some of the bio stuff and because she didn't know anyone in the class she would ask for their name before asking them a question. And so there there is my friend day dreaming about her and she catches his eyes staring at her and so she goes to ask him a question. She asks " Your name please?". My friend comes out of his fantasy world and just replies to her "Name!" and then he looks down at his notebook and reads his name off that "Mark *******". It was so funny, he went so red and to make things worse she laughed at him in a kind of cute flirty way which set off the class.

He's training to be a doctor now :P
But his stress proved to the Lecturers how much he wanted Medicine.

aw bless him haha, well that worked out well for him. Even though I'm guessing it wasn't medicine he was thinking about wanting lol. When he starts getting really attractive patients he'll forget what he's treating them for haha :tongue:
Hello, could anyone tell me which universities require biology. I am an EU applicant and doing math, chemistry,physics,english in my final exam.
Im sure it won't take a few calmers before you go in you'll be sorted ! I will to be fair I've had the same GP for years and I still don't know his name haha :colondollar:

Hehe ill just have to be highly dosed on redbull, that usually does the trick ;-) lol thats okay not many people know the names of their gp, I dont even know where my surgery is let alone know the name of the doctor -_-

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending