The Student Room Group

2014 Pharmacy applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by propagation
That's really good, with bath do we do it through the University website or can we do it through UCAS?

Yeah Bath will email details within the next week :smile:
Reply 1381
Hi guys just wondering are we required to sit the IOT? im so confused b/c some people said if your doing a levels you dont need to is this correct?

and also whats the lowest a level grades have UCLAN and DMU accepted?

-Thanks in adavance!
Original post by Stacie0395
Yeah Bath will email details within the next week :smile:

Fingers crossed it's not rejections :P
Original post by _iiGEO
Hi guys just wondering are we required to sit the IOT? im so confused b/c some people said if your doing a levels you dont need to is this correct?

and also whats the lowest a level grades have UCLAN and DMU accepted?

-Thanks in adavance!

Not for DMU, Not sure about UCLAN.
[QUOTE="propagation;45078011"]
Original post by ahmedhuzaifa

* or rejections :P

Be positive bro!
That's very short notice.
Best advice, know the basic mental maths like division, multiplication, subtraction and addition.

Know your personal statement inside out as they might ask you things linked to stuff you have stated.

Good luck! I hope all goes well.

Thank you! just going to cram this weekend and hope for the best!
[QUOTE="ahmedhuzaifa;45078118"]

Be positive bro!

Haha!
Original post by obishop123
Thank you! just going to cram this weekend and hope for the best!

Look at the news for anything linked to Pharmacy, as they might ask you something about the news or an event.
[QUOTE="propagation;45078223"]
Original post by ahmedhuzaifa

Haha!

Do let me know how your application goes dude, ill make sure to do it aswell once its sent off :biggrin:
[QUOTE="ahmedhuzaifa;45078320"]

Do let me know how your application goes dude, ill make sure to do it aswell once its sent off :biggrin:

I sure will bro, hopefully yours goes soon :biggrin:
Original post by James A
Yeah I got an AAB offer from them, bear in mind though that I didn't get my grades for that year (had UEA as my firm) so took a gap year, applied to Reading and Herts only as they would offer me AAB because I'm completing my A-level in three years rather than two.

I brought my grades up to AAB (Maths, Chem, Bio) and now I'm studying Pharmacy at Reading!

If you got any questions about the course, then feel free to ask!

What sort of questions did you get asked at the interview for reading?
Original post by EmRice
I've got no idea why it is so longer either :/ I had an interview at Bath yesterday and at the start the admissions tutor did a talk lasting 1 hour 45 mins - so maybe that's what Reading will do as well? Hopefully the interview won't last 3 hours! I think the interview went well! Your lucky you've only got 1 interview, I've got 5 interviews :frown: which unis are applying to that don't interview ?

Hey, how long did you have to wait before you heard back from Bath? :smile:
Original post by Masuma123
What sort of questions did you get asked at the interview for reading?

You get asked the usual questions, why Pharmacy, why Reading, what skills do you need to become a successful pharmacist, etc

Also brush up on your mental maths and basic organic chemistry like looking at functional groups. The mental maths questions are all about adding up units, like 50ml+ 0.5 litres.
Fingers crossed it's not rejections :P

Yeah hopefully not! Bath is one of my top choices :frown:
Reply 1394
Original post by hannahwalsh9
Thank you! :biggrin: the waiting is horrible haha!

I couldn't agree more its not nice at all
Reply 1395
Could someone be the most helpful person ever...if you've had an interview and can remember some of the questions post them on here just so I can get an idea. I mean I know the basic ones but it would still be really helpful
Thankyou :smile:
Reply 1396
Original post by BDGR24
I'm not sure wether this question has been answered yet but I'm hoping to send my personal statement off soon and LJMU is one of my choices but I am worried as it says a test is required as well as an interview! Has anyone any idea about what this test at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't applied for LJMU so their test is probably different but I had to do one for my interview at Huddersfield.
It was an online multi-choice one. The first 4/5 questions were scenarios involving a patient taking a certain medicine that had a certain amount of a drug in. Basically it was maths of how many tablets should that person be prescribed or what is the % of the drug in say 200ml of cream etc.
Then there was a reading comprehension thing and it asked questions like what does acute mean and what does deteriorate mean.
I also got if there was a £20 pound note on the floor and no-one else was around what would you do with it?
I hope this helps I know I've rambled
Original post by Kimi_28
I couldn't agree more its not nice at all

Got my email for an interview at Cardiff today haha! Good luck in yours if you haven't already had it, hope it all goes okay :biggrin:
Original post by Stacie0395
Yeah hopefully not! Bath is one of my top choices :frown:

Same, if I get an offer it's the one I will be firming :biggrin:
Reply 1399
Interview soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending